Re: Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

by Tourin12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

❗️ Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a Mac OS X El Capitan and after the mandatory November 2019 update, my Sims 4 game is glitching and freezing. I just downloaded University and can't play. t freezes and just stops and I can't do anything to get out of it. I just have to turn my whole computer off using the power button. Anyone else having this issue? Any way to fix it?

I waited on here for 30+ minutes to chat with tech support and no one answered me and then it "reconnected", but never actually did and just kicked me out. I'm getting super frustrated!

Message 8 of 160 (8,974 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 cas freezing

@Weewee_Unicorn

Merged your posts into this thread as the issue is El Capitan. Please upgrade your OS to 10.13.6 High Sierra or later to get back into your game. Sierra is also causing issues for some, especially those with AMD graphics cards.

10.13.6 High Sierra - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208969
10.14.6 Mojave - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210190
10.15.4 Catalina - update through the Mac App Store

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 147 of 160 (7,354 Views)

All Replies

MAC OS X EL CAPITAN ISSUES AFTER UPDATE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

having problems with MAC OS X EL CAPITAN

my game loads but it has a weird green tint on all of my sims and when i try to load a household and click on the sims house to load in game it freezes my entire laptop and i have to do a hard reset to turn it back on??

specs are 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor:

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory:

6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics:

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

and i have 90 GBs of free space left if that helps.my game worked perfectly up until i updated it with the new patch and i preordered university can anyone help me fix this???

Message 1 of 160 (8,773 Views)

Re: MAC OS X EL CAPITAN ISSUES AFTER UPDATE

★★ Guide
@babykeke15 When you reboot your Mac does it tell you that the system had to be restarted because of a crash and present a window with lots of weird text in it? Can you share that information?
Message 2 of 160 (8,748 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dzm06 No it doesn’t say it crashed I have to reset it myself because the game freezes my entire laptop
Message 3 of 160 (8,718 Views)

★★ Guide
@babykeke15 Would you be able to try upgrading to High Sierra (10.13)? Some players on another model of MBPro and Sierra (10.12) reported that their problems went away when they upgraded to High Sierra. High Sierra is when Apple upgraded from Metal v1 to Metal v2, so I'm wondering if there's a bug in the v1 version.
Message 4 of 160 (8,696 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dzm06 I can try it tomorrow will that mess up my laptop?
Message 5 of 160 (8,686 Views)

★★ Guide
@babykeke15 I can't say that it will or it won't. I can only say that Apple (and any other software vendor) issues updates in the hopes of improving things.

I WOULD encourage you to make sure you have up-to-date backups of your computer before doing any kind of update. Mistakes happen. having a safety net available is a really good idea.
Message 6 of 160 (8,673 Views)

★★★ Novice

I updated my computer to Mac OS Sierra 10.12 and my game seems to be running again I can load a household and I have been playing for about 10 minutes now I still have everything on the lowest setting in full screen mode just to be safe but this really helped now I can finally play university thank you so much 😊

Message 7 of 160 (8,639 Views)

@Tourin12  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 160 (8,906 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

OS X El capitan

Version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 10 of 160 (8,890 Views)