VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel

Device ID: 0x0d22

Revision ID: 0x0008

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)

UI Looks like: 1920 x 1080

Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Connection Type: DisplayPort

And i'm using an imac/High Sierra. Hope this helps!

Message 30 of 109 (4,478 Views)

Re: Glitchy lines across lower part of game screen

@sammyteatime

I've edited the title to better reflect the issue showing in the screenshots in this thread. It should help others with the same issue find it as I've merged a couple more posts here Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 31 of 109 (4,524 Views)

UI glitches since Nov update

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the newest update, the UI on my screen has gone completely glitchy. CAS is fine but it’s really ruining my gameplay as the constant glitches are hurting my eyes. I figured out how to stop the glitching by turning edge smoothing to low or off, but this makes the graphics extremely poor and I’m unable to enjoy the game. I have a MacBook Pro, 64 bit so I don’t need legacy, and I have laptop mode on. I’ve seen on twitter that a lot of other players are having this same issue but was wondering if anyone on here would be able to advise me on how to fix my game. The glitching happens with and without CC and I have repaired my game. I’ve included a photo to show what the glitching looks like. 

Message 32 of 109 (4,486 Views)

Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

★★ Guide
@thomassd1 Try disabling "Edge Smoothing" in the game. Please let us know if this works for you, and if it has any side effects.

Are you on a Macbook Air from ~2012-2015? If you go to Apple Menu -> About this Mac does it say you're using an Intel 6000 GPU?
Message 33 of 109 (4,549 Views)

Re: Visual glitch after free holiday update?

★★★★ Novice

Currently the workaround found is to turn edge-smoothing off or down to low, or play in windowed mode.

Message 34 of 109 (4,540 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue!

I have a 2015 MacBook Air, 8GB RAM, about 20GB free storage space, 1.6GHz dual core intel core i5 processor and intel HD graphics 6000.

Before this update my game always ran super smooth. There is no overheating or anything. I’ve tried repairing the game and took out all my mods. I play in laptop mode with most settings on medium or high. This has never been a problem before, so I don’t think lowering the settings should be necessary. (I’m going to check if it helps though, I really want to play uni today)

CAS works fine but the loading screens take a ridiculous amount of time (about 4 - 6 times the time it took before) and the UI glitches constantly. It’s only in the bottom of the screen while in build or live mode but when I open settings or any other menu the glitching lines appear there, too. When I shrink the UI, the lines shrink with it. When I enlarge the UI, more lines appear and they reach higher.

This makes me think it has something to do with the UI scaling update.

I have a video file of the glitching lines but it won’t let me post it on the forums. I did tweet it to SimguruGraham though.

Message 35 of 109 (4,517 Views)

Re: Screen flickering after latest update (MAC)

★★ Apprentice
@duchessofnowhere Omg the same is happening to me. One day before the university update I was playing on very-high graphics settings and my game was running smoothly. I don’t know what it could be because I play other games but the flickering just happens with the sims 4 Frown
Message 36 of 109 (4,496 Views)

Re: Screen flickering after latest update (MAC)

Hero
@fr_nath I moved this over to the mac thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 109 (4,485 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 

Had the same issue with the glitchy lines on my mac. Try game options-> graphics -> and then click on the vertical sync box and apply changes. I still have some glitchy lines when the game options window is open but it seems that they disappeared from the game play. 

Hope it helps Standard smile 

Message 38 of 109 (4,513 Views)

Re: UI glitches since Nov update

★★ Guide
@em_jxne Unfortunately the disabling Edge Smoothing is the only workaround at the moment, and for a small number of players it seems like that also impacts the resolution of the live mode. I don't think any better workarounds have been identified yet.
Message 39 of 109 (4,491 Views)