❗️ Game Data Incomplete, grey llamas, red and white sims, broken textures

by tayphillips11

Original Post

Multiple Glitches After Update: Sims Are Invisible And More

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Get Together, Cats And Dogs, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Realm Of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Moschino, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS or game mode. Enter game mode or build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gameplay continues as usual, but every sim except the infants is invisible and teleports everywhere, you can only spot the green diamond above their head. Sims cannot be seen and their appearance cannot be edited in CAS. Windows and glass doors cannot be seen through. When trying to move sims, base game worlds can't be seen or chosen. Only the ones from expansion packs are there,
What do you expect to see? Sims should be visible during gameplay and in CAS, they should use stairs and not teleport. Windows and glass doors should be see-through. Sims should be able to move int any of the residential worlds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest game update on Dec 7th.

Hi!

I have been facing a few problems after the recent Sims 4 update on Dec 7th and would like to know if I'm the only simmer with the problems listed below. The main menu is fine and the gallery works just as usual but as soon as I open any of the worlds and start playing with a household, some major problems/glitches occur:

• every sim except the infants turn invisible and start teleporting everywhere (They still have needs, emotions and can do everything except the actions you have to click on the sim for.)
  • all windows and glass doors are not see-through anymore
  • wall colours change randomly throughout different lots
  • when going to CAS sims are invisible. I could only customise settings on the top left hand side (like name, walk style, aspirations, traits etc.).
  • when creating a new sim despite them being invisible, I can't move them in a base game world

I have tried resetting the game, resetting Origin and choosing sims from the gallery, none of which help.

Lots of love,

K

Message 81 of 503 (3,111 Views)

Re: Multiple Glitches After Update: Sims Are Invisible And More

Hero
@katakata05 by resetting Origin do you mean you did a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 503 (3,105 Views)

Re: Multiple Glitches After Update: Sims Are Invisible And More

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Didn't even think to do that, thank you tons!!
Message 83 of 503 (3,061 Views)

My sims look like clowns and idk how to fix it!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! So I have been trying to play sims 4 all day and its not loading correctly. My sims have been showing up with red, black, and white patches on their skin along with question marks on their face. They kinda look like clowns. I don't have any CC or mods. I have repaired the game through origin, restarted the cache in origin, and updated my computer. I have a Mac. Can someone please help me figure out what to do!! I will attach a picture of what my sims look like.

Message 84 of 503 (3,061 Views)

Re: My sims look like clowns and idk how to fix it!

@kbrand4848

It's due to a corrupted or incomplete download with when installing the game/packs or patching. Please repair your game in Origin and follow the link in the solution on page 1 of this thread to force a re-download of the affected pack(s).

Be aware that you may need to uninstall and reinstall the entire game if it does not work. Worst case scenario, you will have to also uninstall and reinstall Origin.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 85 of 503 (3,011 Views)

Pre-Made rooms not working

★★★ Novice

I am not sure it anyone else is having this problem but my pre made rooms aren't working correctly. Every time I make a new world, save and exit, then come back to the save a message that the data is incomplete always shows up even though every pack is installed. I've repaired the game multiple times and even went as far as to re-download every pack again. If anyone knows how to fix this issue I would appreciate the help.

Message 86 of 503 (2,775 Views)

Re: Pre-Made rooms not working

@KenKat2016

Merged into this thread. Try this super repair - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

If that doesn't work uninstall the whole game and reinstall.

If it still doesn't work you will need to uninstall the game AND uninstall Origin (instructions here for Origin - https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/) I recently had to do this myself after the last patch Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 87 of 503 (2,727 Views)

sims 4 bug

★★★ Newbie

I've recently updated my Mac to os big sur and downloaded the new snowy escape pack. However, now I can't see lots of icons (they look like grey llamas...) and sometimes my sim goes white and red (no features or anything) which means I can't play the game properly. Any suggestions appreciated please!

PS- pic shows the llama things at the top left.

Message 88 of 503 (2,723 Views)

Re: sims 4 bug

@magd2901

Merged into the main thread. Please see the accepted solution page 1 and follow the link for detailed instructions on how to fix it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 89 of 503 (2,704 Views)

Sims 4 on macbook question marks on everything

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys, 

My sims 4 no longer allows me to use any expansion packs or enter any cities. It also has question marks with black and red gridding on practically everything. How do i fix this!!

Message 90 of 503 (2,688 Views)