❗️ Game Data Incomplete, grey llamas, red and white sims, broken textures

by tayphillips11

Original Post

Re: Game is unplayable since the latest update/Snowy Escape

@sarahchristina18

Have you already tried a repair of the base game? If so, and it still isn't fixed, try this - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 71 of 503 (3,615 Views)

Re: Game Pack items are Showing Up Purple and with Question Marks...

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora THANK YOU!!
Message 72 of 503 (3,596 Views)

Re: 11/10/20 patch

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

It looks like the glitches are gone! I'm not sure what changed, but it did seem to start working again a little after I redownloaded it. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 73 of 503 (3,579 Views)

Sims or objects in world won’t load.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City living, Cats and dogs, Seasons, Get famous, Island living, Discover university, Eco lifestyle Realm of magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor retreat Nifty Knitting, Tiny living stuff pack, Moschino stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occurs by itself.
What happens when the bug occurs? Things will not load properly. As you move the camera, some of the trees are purple or the people have question marks all over them and they’re red and white coloured. It even occurs in the CAS mode, as you try to dress them.
What do you expect to see? Things should properly load, without glitching.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There isn’t any other problem with the game other than that, and I think it started happening after I’ve downloaded the Nifty Knitting stuff pack.

Message 74 of 503 (3,583 Views)

Re: Sims or objects in world won’t load.

@jglitterboogies

Looks like you have an issue with the Nifty Knitting install, if that CAS content is from Nifty Knitting. Repair the base game then follow the instructions in the solution page 1 of this thread for repairing the pack.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 75 of 503 (3,562 Views)

creepy question mark suit

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I wouldn't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the game loads my Sim is covered in a creepy red and white spandex suit with question marks and random objects are rainbowed with question marks- they look like just the objects from the cats and dogs expansion pack, however.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see everything look normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

there was no update on the expansion pack, so could it be that it is no longer compatible with the new update on the main game?

Message 76 of 503 (3,723 Views)

Re: creepy question mark suit

★ Novice
I'm dealing with this too. Every child or toddler Sim is *always* covered in the weird white and red question mark suit, and adults only have it if they're wearing specific clothing items. I haven't found a pattern to that though.
Message 77 of 503 (3,950 Views)

Re: creepy question mark suit

@tagaheff @spicybaconnn 

This happens when an update/download/repair corrupts the game install or a specific pack. Try repairing the base game and see if that helps. If it doesn't Follow these steps to trash and force a re-download of the affected pack - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 78 of 503 (3,924 Views)

Skin issue with December patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I updated my game the skin on all my sims hasn't been working ( I included a picture of what it looks like in CAS & it's the same in-game too).

Thank you please let me know if anyone has experienced this/knows how to fix it! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 2.33.49 PM.png

Message 79 of 503 (3,937 Views)

Re: Skin issue with December patch

@lalaanoral

It's missing or corrupted textures. Repair the base game and see if it helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 80 of 503 (3,907 Views)