❗️ Game Data Incomplete, grey llamas, red and white sims, broken textures

by tayphillips11

Original Post

Re: 11/10/20 patch

@lilbliefs

I don't think so, it's usually down to a corrupted install somewhere. You could try to uninstall and reinstall the game, always a last resort but it should fix it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 503 (2,500 Views)

Re: CAS Sims have red & white skin/hair/clothes with question marks

Message 42 of 503 (2,417 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening in my game as well, and I noticed that some of my packs in origin are stuck on "Finalizing."

I have tried many things to get it to stop finalizing and nothing has worked. I have repaired the game within origin several times.

The clothes now show up on my sim if I click them, put the preview icon in create a sim is still red with question marks. 

Message 43 of 503 (2,413 Views)

★★ Novice

That's so weird! My packs all re-downloaded last night for some reason, but none of them say 'finalising' now and it's still happening.

Message 44 of 503 (2,431 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora this worked somewhat! thank you! now it's only doing it for items from some packs - Cool Kitchen, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Movie Night and University. any idea what that could be about?
Message 45 of 503 (2,429 Views)

Some Pictures are glitchy

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I get into CAS and start looking at the clothes in female, some of the pictures are red, black, white with question marks. When I click on the top that is glitchy, the top shows up on the sim. It's only the pictures that are glitchy. The packs that are glitchy are Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Island Living, and most of Discover University.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I get into CAS and start looking through the clothes in the female category.
What do you expect to see? The picture is all glitchy with red, black, and white with question marks but when I click on the top or dress, the clothing shows up on the sim just fine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the newest free patch came in. 11/10/2020 new patch.

Hello all,

I have no idea why this is happening in my game. I took out ALL of my mods and yet this is still happening. Please let me know if you are also experiencing this as well or have any ideas as to why this is happening.

Thank you!

Hvang0130

Message 46 of 503 (2,430 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I also noticed some other glitches, like I can't click on Sims to talk to them beyond an introduction, and I can't use the computer.
Message 47 of 503 (2,419 Views)

@gemmyay

Repeat the process to force download the packs you're experiencing it with, one at a time and testing after each one.

No idea about the interaction glitches, sounds Mod related but you're better off posting a bug report in the bug forum for that kind of issue in a vanilla game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 48 of 503 (2,415 Views)

@nmorales1265  Sorry for the late reply.  I've merged your posts into another thread on the same issue.  Please try this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

If you still see the same issue, please see this guide to repairing packs:

https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

It's unfortunately not as simple as repairing the game in Origin—that process only addresses the base game files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 49 of 503 (2,403 Views)

Re: Some Pictures are glitchy

@hvang0130

Please try repairing the base game and the doing this https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 50 of 503 (2,395 Views)