❗️ Game Data Incomplete, grey llamas, red and white sims, broken textures

by tayphillips11

Original Post

Re: cas and build/buy broken

@s0phva

It absolutely could be broken CC so you need to try a clean new game without any Mods installed to test that, also trashing the localthumbcache.package file.

I've merged your post into this ongoing thread on the issue as it is most likely a corrupted install. See the solution on page one for a fix if you can narrow down a specific pack it's happening to. You may have to uninstall and reinstall the game again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 221 of 503 (1,258 Views)

Sims red/white with question marks - after downloading new patch December 2021

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in CAS and in a lot/during gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are white/red with question marks, or parts of their bodies disappear altogether in CAS and in gameplay. In a lot, most of the items and objects are pink/purple or crossed out. I am unable to play at all.
What do you expect to see? All the time, the game is unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded Cottage Living and Snowy Retreat and updated to the new patch. I then wanted to start my game from scratch as it was being slow when I loaded. I deleted Sims 4 and redownloaded and found the the packs were now installed into my files.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in CAS and in a lot/during gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are white/red with question marks, or parts of their bodies disappear altogether in CAS and in gameplay. In a lot, most of the items and objects are pink/purple or crossed out. I am unable to play at all.
What do you expect to see? All the time, the game is unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded Cottage Living and Snowy Retreat and updated to the new patch. I then wanted to start my game from scratch as it was being slow when I loaded. I deleted Sims 4 and redownloaded and found the the packs were now installed into my files.

Hi,

I have just bought two new packs (Cottage Living and Snowy Escape) which I was really excited to play but have found myself unable to play at all. All expansion packs seem to be corrupted/not downloaded properly (please see above). I have looked up historic issues similar on this forum and have performed all of the recommended fixes such as:

• Uninstalled the game
  • Ran the Origin reset tool
  • Deleted the residual files that the reset tool doesn’t delete
  • Trashed the Origin app
  • Emptied the trash
  • Restarted the Mac
  • Downloaded and installed Origin
  • Downloaded and installed the game plus all packs

I have deleted everything, including Origin, and completely started from scratch (no MODs downloaded, no CC and I have not kept any old files from my previous game), however nothing seems to change the outcome. Please can someone from EA help? I am lost for further options at this stage. 

Message 222 of 503 (1,064 Views)

Re: Sims red/white with question marks - after downloading new patch December 20

@Emily_Louise_15 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Is the game installed on your internal storage or an external drive?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 223 of 503 (1,028 Views)

Appearance of the sims not displayed correctly

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 + Expansion 4 seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is visible
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothes of the sims (as well as their appearance) is not displayed correctly. Besides, the selection of the actions do not work from one sim to another, i.e. I cannot make the father give bath to a toddler
What do you expect to see? The clothes and the appearance of the sims should be displayed correctly and the selection of the actions should be possible
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The clothes of the sims (as well as their appearance) is not displayed correctly. Besides, the selection of the actions do not work from one sim to another, i.e. I cannot make the father give bath to a toddler

Message 224 of 503 (976 Views)

Re: Appearance of the sims not displayed correctly

Hero
@xenia23103 I've merged your post with the mac thread on this issue.

Please try repairing your game. A mac helper will assist you further if that doesn't help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 225 of 503 (956 Views)

Rainbow floors, snow is question marks

★★★ Novice

rainbow floors, snow is question marks, rainbow splotches in world , I'm confused. I've tried everything. I have repaired my game twice, deleted origin cache, got rid of mods, deleted localthumbcache file and nothing is helping. 

Message 226 of 503 (900 Views)

Re: Rainbow floors, snow is question marks

@GalaxySimmer98

Merged into the main thread on this issue. See the link in the solution on page 1 for forcing a pack to re-download, if you can narrow it down to certain packs. If not you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall. You could also try a super repair - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 227 of 503 (882 Views)

Manage Worlds Blank Thumbnails

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost every single one in the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occured when I by mistake deleted the thumbnailcache
What happens when the bug occurs? Thumbnails in every single world is blank
What do you expect to see? .
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried to install a mod, and deleted it before I ever tried in ingame. I saw a video on how to install the mod, and was told to the delete det thumbnail.cache. Now every single worold and household is with a blank picture (look at linked picture). Is there any way to get the thumbnails back or fix this issue?

Message 228 of 503 (858 Views)

Re: Manage Worlds Blank Thumbnails

Hero
@OnkelPatte I've merged your post with the mac thread on this issue.

Please try repairing your game. A mac helper will assist you further if that doesn't help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 229 of 503 (826 Views)

Re: Manage Worlds Blank Thumbnails

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thank you so so much, it worked! Standard smile
Message 230 of 503 (818 Views)