Re: "Game Data Incomplete" and Grey Llama Thumbnails Replace Lots

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Data Game Incomplete

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I tried the Origin reset and the thing with deleting the mac0S file. When I open my sims I don't get the message about my data being incomplete anymore, it just looks like a brand new game (just like if I had never played it before).

Message 10 of 503 (3,754 Views)

@westhen64

Great! So now we need to find your saves. They are in the Sims 4 folder and should be in your Documents > Electronic Arts folder. Have you moved it? Do you have iCloud Drive setup?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 503 (3,776 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

So I tried many different things now (I followed other AHQ feeds) and I finally fixed the problem! 

Yes, like you said I needed to locate TS4 folder, and then move the 'saves' folder to the new TS4 folder (the one that TS4 made every time I opened the game). Haha long journey!

Thanks for the help!

Message 12 of 503 (3,761 Views)

Sims hairs showing up as red & white checkerboard?

★ Novice

Hi all,

So I opened up my game the other day and went into CAS, and suddenly some of the hairs from different packs were red and white checkerboard instead of their usual texture and color. When I clicked on them, they made the whole Sim red & white. I closed the game, uninstalled all my mods (I only had MC Command Center in), repaired the game, Origin decided all my packs were uninstalled and reinstalled them, and finally rebooted it. Went into CAS again and now the hairs were black and white checkerboard. I clicked on them and they were their original color/texture on my Sim. But I'm just wondering why/how this would have happened in the first place?? I've attached some screenshots. 

Message 13 of 503 (5,264 Views)

★ Guide
@tayphillips11 I had this happen to me last year with Island Living, so I can definitely sympathise with you here. Have you checked Origin to see if the packs are installed?
Message 15 of 503 (7,021 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Sorry that you had to deal with this year last, it seems super annoying. It says all my expansion packs are installed, however they all look different. On the orange button, some say "play", while others say "details" or "finalizing". I don't think they were like that until I reinstalled Origin, but all the expansions say installed nonetheless.

Message 16 of 503 (7,003 Views)

[ Edited ]

@tayphillips11

Repair the game in Origin. If the issue still persists follow the instructions here to force the relevant pack re-download. Instructions and more info - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

If the issue still persists completely uninstall and reinstall Origin AND the game. Do not skip any steps:

1. Uninstall the game via Origin
  2. Manually uninstall Origin, getting rid of every single file and folder listed. Instructions here: https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/
  3. Re-download and install Origin https://www.ea.com/origin-for-mac
  4. Turn off automatic updates when logging into Origin for the first time
  5. Download and install the base game only
  6. Launch the game and check it's ok
  7. Download and install Packs and Kits
  8. Launch the game

For further info and troubleshooting for corrupted game files - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/12/13/red-and-white-sims-missing-content-llamas-incomplete-data/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 503 (24,928 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!! I was just in the middle of looking for a way to repair individual Sims packs. I also just completely deleted the Sims game so I could re-download it as well as all the packs and see if that would solve the problem. I will check the game once it's done downloading, but if that doesn't work, I will delete those expansion packs and force a re-download because that sounds like it should fix the problem! Standard smile

Message 18 of 503 (6,993 Views)

@tayphillips11

When you uninstall the game it doesn't uninstall the packs, just the base game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 19 of 503 (6,979 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I was finally able to fix it! I completely trashed the Sims 4 game from my computer and redownloaded it, and in doing so I had to redownload all the packs as well. I'm not sure if that means the packs were also deleted from my computer? Because I did have to wait forever for them to get downloaded again. HOWEVER, when all the packs started downloading again I got a notification on my computer that I didn't have enough space to download everything and needed to make space before continuing. I deleted a bunch of random stuff I didn't need anymore as well as emptied my trash to make some room. I'm not sure if the problem was due to my computer being out of space? Maybe that's what was causing the worlds to glitch because there wasn't enough room on my computer to have everything saved and functioning properly OR if the packs and game just needed a good reboot. But either way PROBLEM SOLVED. Thank you for the help!
Message 20 of 503 (6,963 Views)