Re: Data Game Incomplete

by kaylajackson21

Original Post

Accepted Solution

❗️ Game Data Incomplete, grey llamas, red and white sims, broken textures

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I haven't really had any issues with my Sims 4 game before so I haven't used these message boards very much, but I've had a problem show up that I can't seem to find a solution for. I've checked various other posts with a similar problem but none of those fixes helped.

I updated the game yesterday and when I went to load my save (right before you choose a world to play), a message popped up that said:

Game Data Incomplete

Not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighbourhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue playing, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected results. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover the missing data. 

What I thought was weird was after updating the game and before starting it, I decided to buy two stuff packs (because 50% off) and installed those. When I was scrolling through all the packs I had, I realized none of them were installed, literally NONE, and I had to go through and re-download every single pack. Once they were all redownloaded, I started the Sims and that's when I saw the error message. After googling for hours trying to fix the problem and I had felt like I exhausted all options, I decided I was just going to go through my save file and save every household and lot I created to my library and then completely start over because I was so fed up. However, when I went into the worlds to start saving lots, I saw all those weird grey llamas. They weren't in every world, only Del Sol Valley, Sulani, and Willow Creek, all the rest (from what I recall) had no llamas. In the worlds with the llamas, all my created lots were gone and only base game lots remained.

I have tried to repair the game in Origin (three times now), restarted my computer (twice), uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, moved folders around in my Sims 4 folder (taking out folders one by one to see which one is the issue), and then finally completely removed my Sims 4 folder and placed it on desktop so it would regenerate upon opening again. When I took out my Sims 4 folder, I opened the Sims, started a new game, made a random sim, and when I went to choose a world the llama thumbnails were still there. I play with mods and cc, but removed the folder while trying to fix this issue.

I'm not really sure what to do next, I was set on just starting a new save file and restarting, but once I saw that the llamas were still there even after the Sims 4 folder regenerated I feel kind of stuck. If you have any ideas on how to fix please respond!

Also sorry if this seems super jumbled and all over the place, I wanted to add as much detail as possible and I'm also typing this at 4:30am LOL.

(edit - changed thread title to cover all related issues with this problem, Bluebellflora)

Message 14 of 491 (21,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Game Data Incomplete" and Grey Llama Thumbnails Replace Lots

[ Edited ]

@tayphillips11

Repair the game in Origin. If the issue still persists follow the instructions here to force the relevant pack re-download. Instructions and more info - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

If the issue still persists completely uninstall and reinstall Origin AND the game. Do not skip any steps:

1. Uninstall the game via Origin
  2. Manually uninstall Origin, getting rid of every single file and folder listed. Instructions here: https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/
  3. Re-download and install Origin https://www.ea.com/origin-for-mac
  4. Turn off automatic updates when logging into Origin for the first time
  5. Download and install the base game only
  6. Launch the game and check it's ok
  7. Download and install Packs and Kits
  8. Launch the game

For further info and troubleshooting for corrupted game files - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/12/13/red-and-white-sims-missing-content-llamas-incomplete-data/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 17 of 491 (24,463 Views)

All Replies

Data Game Incomplete

★★★ Novice

Does anyone know how to fix the 'Data Game Incomplete'? It has popped up every single time I've launched the sims, the first time I saw the message I exited it out and rebooted the game, it came popped up again. The second time I exited to the main menu, I went back in and it popped up again. The third time I went into Origin and repaired the game and tried it again, it popped up again. I've updated the sims, I've updated my Mac, I've removed all of my mods and nothing is working. I'm not sure what else to try. 

Message 1 of 491 (18,092 Views)

@kaylajackson21

Do you have packs downloading in Origin?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 491 (18,056 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, when I repaired the game they all re-downloaded and it said it was complete. 

Message 3 of 491 (18,028 Views)

@kaylajackson21 

And this error pops up when you get to the main menu in the game? Please try the Origin reset tool then try again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 491 (18,010 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

It pops up when I go to the Household selection

Message 5 of 491 (17,978 Views)

@kaylajackson21 

Ok. Can you try this:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place.
  4. Now open Origin, right click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click Repair Game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 491 (17,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @Bluebellflora,
I tried this, since I'm struggling with the same problem. Sadly nothing changed when I tried it...
I had an other problem with my Sims 4 and uninstalled the whole thing, and now I have reinstalled it again. Is there something I'm missing that you should do to complete your game data, when you reinstall? 

Message 7 of 491 (17,911 Views)

@westhen64

What suggestion above did you try? Or did you try all of them?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 491 (17,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried the Origin Reset again, it worked and I haven’t had a problem since then.

Message 9 of 491 (17,884 Views)