Re: "Game Data Incomplete" and Grey Llama Thumbnails Replace Lots

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: missing textures in expansion packs

★ Novice

I've done all that, deleted and redownloaded the packs, as well as uninstall from origin and redownloaded everything, it's not just missing textures, I tried to actually run a game to see what would happen and it won't even let me, this is the error I get when I try.

Message 251 of 491 (1,779 Views)

Re: missing textures in expansion packs

@Raachel_Eliza

Move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Then repair the game in Origin and load it so it’s like new with none of your saves/mods etc. loaded. Start a new game and check CAS to see if it still happens.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 252 of 491 (1,766 Views)

Red and White Sims

★★★ Newbie

Why are all of my sims red and white with question marks all over their bodies? It's like they all have a full body tattoo! I'm playing on Mac. At first I thought there was an issue with scenarios but then I tried to go into my usual saved games and they are all like that. Please help - it's very distracting.

Message 253 of 491 (1,592 Views)

Re: Red and White Sims

Hero
@MyLittleMrs I merged your post with the mac thread on this.

Please try the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 254 of 491 (1,579 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there!

I've had a few issues with my sims game in the past, but I've been able to quickly fix them until now!

I haven't opened my sims game in a few months since I've been busy, and was excited to finally sit down and play until the game data incomplete message popped up. I understand now it's to do with corrupted files in the game packs - I've experienced the red and white sims, missing world maps and llama icons, weird textures, and the error message. I'm playing on a mac with my game and game pack files on an external drive (the electronic arts folder is still on my hard drive) - I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it?

I've followed all the steps suggested in this thread, including:

•  Repairing the game
  •  Redownloading each game pack
  •  Reinstalling the game 
  •  Deleting the MacOS file
  •  Safebooting my computer
  •  Regenerating The Sims 4 folder
  •  Completely uninstalling origin using BlueBellFlora's steps
  •  Restarting my computer
  •  Using ResetOrigin to clear my cache
  •  Opening the game using a different user on my computer

I'm completely at a loss for what to do now! I've spoken to EA help but gave up since they kept redirecting me to threads on this forum anyway. I have no idea what started this since I just returned to the game being unplayable, and I'm getting pretty desperate! 

I'd be so grateful to anyone who can give me advice Standard smile

Thanks so much!

Message 255 of 491 (1,389 Views)

@insect111 

I love your post, I wish more people would clearly list everything they have tried when needing help, it's so helpful Standard smile

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game, did you also try a new clean TS4 folder then too?

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

What kind of external drive do you have, SSD/Flash or HDD?

What is the drive connection type?

Have you been unplugging and plugging back in your drive between playing sessions?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 256 of 491 (1,374 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I'm so glad that's helpful! I did try a clean TS4 folder when I reinstalled - by the fourth reinstall I basically tried everything at once as a last ditch attempt but to no success!

I've got a 2018 13 inch Macbook Air running Montery 12.4 which is all up to date.
Processor - 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics - Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB
I'm just running the normal (not legacy) version of the game and don't have any CC or mods installed anymore.

My external drive is a 5TB LaCie HDD with a USB-C connector, which I do unplug when I'm not playing the game although I never open origin without it plugged in. Often when I open origin it says I have to download the game, but after opening the game directly from the external hard drive it takes about 5 minutes to grab the files then it's good to go, so it doesn't actually reinstall the whole game every time.
I was wondering if this had something to do with it, but I've been using the external drive for a few years now and never had any issues until now so I don't know what caused this to change! There's no way I'd be able to fit the close to 60GB of game files onto my poor mac anymore Frown

Thanks so much for your help!
Message 257 of 491 (1,362 Views)

@insect111

Thanks! I think it is to do with the external. Apple have beefed up security in recent OSs so more permissions are needed. No doubt unplugging and plugging in does have an effect.

A good test would be to change the install location in Origin and then download just the base game and maybe one or two packs onto the internal storage on your Mac and see what happens.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 258 of 491 (1,341 Views)

Sims 4 glitch sims skin red and white???

★★★ Newbie

Help please!!!

I haven’t played Sims 4 in months. Opened origin and let it update. Ready to go so I started the game and went into create a Sim, the glitch was glaringly obvious straight away. The sim has red and white checkered skin with big black question marks all over it?!

What has happened and how do I fix it???

Message 259 of 491 (1,243 Views)

Re: Sims 4 glitch sims skin red and white???

@LulaLailiLo

Merged. Read the accepted solution on page 1.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 260 of 491 (1,210 Views)