Re: Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack Broken Textures crashes the game.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Glitch in basement in Sims 4 and more

@SignyHugrun

You download the packs in Origin. Click on the game in your games library then under the Play button you will see the Pack tabs. Under each pack you own will be a Download button.

The link takes you directly to the relevant post about moving the Sims 4 folder, it is step 1 Standard smile

Load the game by pressing the Play button in your Origin games library.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 191 of 503 (504 Views)

Looking for Game Glitch Fix

★★★ Newbie

Hello please help me! 

My game has a glitch that is making the sims in my CAS appear with missing body parts or with red and white boxes that are clearly a glitch. I've tried EVERYTHING to fix this including clearing my cache, uninstalling and reinstalling origin, uninstalling and reinstalling the whole sims game, repairing the sims game about 8/9 times, restarting my computer, safe rebooting my computer, and updating the game too. 

have spoken to EA help support many times now and even they don't have answers. I'm on a Mac computer and I've never used Mods so I have no idea why this is happening. 

I've literally been advised by the EA support to look for answers here and I'm getting frustrated and desperate for answers! I just wanna play my sims! 

Thank you to anyone who can give me advice!!

Happy Simming. 

Holly 

Message 192 of 503 (511 Views)

Re: Looking for Game Glitch Fix

@_hwedgwood

It's a very common problem and normally happens after updating the game due to corrupted files. Merged your post into this ongoing thread.

What cache did you clear? If it was following the EA advice of clearing Origin cache it is meaningless for Mac users.

When you uninstalled Origin did you run the reset tool or just trash the Origin app?

Did you try a new clean TS4 folder?

For properly uninstalling Origin - https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

For a new clean TS4 folder - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

You should:

1. move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop
2. uninstall the game and all packs using the uninstaller in Origin
3. follow the instructions above to completely and properly uninstall Origin and all residual files
4. empty trash

then:

1. download a fresh installer of Origin and install it - https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download
2. download and install the game
3. launch the game

AHQSigImage.png
Message 193 of 503 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi again, this is all very complicating for me. So was I supposed to put the "Sims 4 packs" file in the bin and empty it? Im not 100% sure if that was the 1. step but I did it and I emptied the bin. Then I repaired the Sims. And after that I went to the packs on Origin so I could download them but there was no download button(I sent a screenshot). After you have answered I will do the next stepStandard smile 

edit: now when I go back to origin it says it is downloading the packs so I think it is working. But it happened by itself

Thank you.

Message 194 of 503 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay I am so sorry for all the questions but I do not understand the forth step (move your Sims 4 folder). I went on a link that said "Move your Sims 4 folder out onto your desktop and let the game generate a new one" and the steps were there. Is that the right information? But how do I do that, I dont understand those steps. I found The Sims 4 folder but what next? "The Sims 4" folder and "The Sims 4" game itself are the only things on my desktop. I deleted all the "Sims 4 packs" folders from everything and I hope I was supposed to.

But my question is : How do I let the game generate a new one?

thanks again

Message 195 of 503 (474 Views)

@SignyHugrun

If the Sims 4 folder is on your desktop then you have moved it.

Once Origin has finished downloading all your packs launch the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 196 of 503 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay I did this all and the lamas disappeared! But the basement glitch didn't go away. What can I do about it?

But thank you so much for all your help!

Message 197 of 503 (451 Views)

@SignyHugrun

There's a specific thread for the basement lines here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Underground-room-Basement-build-issue/td-p/9319907

Try the solution on page 1 and see if it helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 198 of 503 (435 Views)

Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack Broken Textures crashes the game.

★★★ Newbie

The Kids Stuff Pack is broken after installment of new Dream Home Decorator Game Pack and new patch. I try to complete a gig of a «kids room makeover» and whenever I try to remove any furniture of the Kids Stuff Pack, the game crashes. The sims who are wearing any clothing or hairstyle from Kids Stuff Pack are also having a broken textures with question marks all over them.

Message 199 of 503 (333 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff Pack Broken Textures crashes the game.

@VittomSims

Corrupted game files after patching. See the solution on page 1 of this thread, second post, and repair the game. If repairing a couple of times doesn't fix it you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 200 of 503 (324 Views)