Re: SIMS 4 MAC

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Why I can't access the Sims 4 on Mac?

@carolpalombini

The game is compatible on a Mac but Origin Access isn't. Please read the opening post in this thread I have moved your post to for instructions on how to buy the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 101 of 222 (2,052 Views)

Sims 4 "Buy game for Mac" not working

★★ Novice

I just bought a new MacBook Air in April 2020 and downloaded Origin so that I could play the Sims 4. I had the Sims 4 for Mac on Origin on my previous Mac computer, but hadn't played it in a long time because it stopped working years ago and I never really tried to fix it.

So I have the Sims 4 in my Origin Library, but it is grayed out. When I click on it in my library to play it, the game page tells me that it's available for Windows only, and gives me an option to "Buy game for Mac" (see picture). When I click on "Buy game for Mac", it takes me to the Sims 4 page where I have the option to "View in Library" or "Watch the Trailer" (see other picture). No option to play the game. So when I click on "View in Library", it takes me back to the previous page where I again have the option to "Buy game for Mac". Both pages take me back to each other without the option to play the game.

How do I get out of this endless back and forth so that I can just play the game?? My computer is brand new. Downloading Origin was the very first thing I did after starting up the computer for the first time.

Message 102 of 222 (2,022 Views)

Re: Sims 4 "Buy game for Mac" not working

@adele8892

You have an Origin Access subscription which is not available for the Mac version of the game, only Windows users can access the game through Access. Please see the opening post on page one of this thread I have moved your post to. The last image shows how you can revert your purchased game in your games library.

Are you definitely logged into Origin using the same account you originally purchased the game through years ago?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 103 of 222 (1,987 Views)

★★ Novice

This is super helpful. So I just unsubscribed from Origin Access (which I guess I resubscribed to a couple months ago), but it says my Access account is still active until January 2021. If I follow the instructions on page 1 of this thread to buy the game, will I still be buying the game through Access since my account is apparently still active? In the screenshots that I've attached, I clicked on "Not interested in Upgrading today?" then was prompted with the Standard vs Deluxe versions. Will one or both or neither of these work for me? Also, why is the game suspiciously cheap??

Message 104 of 222 (1,947 Views)

@adele8892

Either version will work for you. I think the game is on sale right now, maybe that's why it is cheap? If you purchase it then have a problem you can revert the version back, the last screenshot shows how to do that Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 105 of 222 (1,931 Views)

SIMS 4 MAC

★★★ Newbie

sims 4 wont download to my macbook and I just paid money for a subscription

Message 106 of 222 (1,918 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 MAC

@AnnieC1234567

The Origin Access subscription is not available for Mac users, you must buy the game outright. Please see the opening post on page 1 of this thread I've moved your post to for instructions.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 107 of 222 (1,871 Views)

Re: Installation problem with The sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Okay... I just got an origin account, the cheapest one. I also got a bundle pack with 3 different packs in it. It was like 40 something bucks. So cancel the membership, sign out of my account, and download sims from the website? Well what about my bundle I just bought through my account? Frown Can I get refunded that? Or is there anyway I could get that even if it’s not on my account? 

Message 108 of 222 (1,791 Views)

Re: Installation problem with The sims 4

@kenziepersio

What do you mean by the cheapest Origin account? You mean you bought a subscription to Origin Access which isn't available for Mac?

If you have bought a bundle of packs you will be able to install them but will need to also purchase the Sims 4 base game as they do not work without it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 109 of 222 (1,760 Views)

Re: Origin Access is not available for Mac - How to buy The Sims 4

★★ Novice

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. I am abut to buy Sims 4 but am worried my system will not handle it and don;t want to waste the month.

Screenshot attached of 'about my mac' can anyone tell me if Sims 4 will work? Thank you

Message 110 of 222 (1,744 Views)