Compatibility issue with MacBooks

by emstar8

Original Post

macOS Catalina ver10.15.3

★ Novice

hello, can someone pls help, i tried downloading sims 4 on origin but it says it only supports windows.

Message 81 of 222 (2,256 Views)

Re: macOS Catalina ver10.15.3

@krnborj

I've moved your post to this thread on how to buy the game for Mac. Please see the first post on page for full instructions.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 82 of 222 (2,219 Views)

For some reason I don't have an option to download sims on mac

★★★ Newbie

So I wanted to download Sims on my Mac (which has all the requirements needed) and I downloaded origin the correct way. I even bought the basic membership so I could be able to play it. for some reason it won't give me the option to download it. when I go to my game library it just shows up highlighted light grey and when I click on it, it says I can buy it on Mac, but then I end up where I started off with not getting the option to download anything. Someone plz help Frown idk what I'm doing wrong

Message 83 of 222 (2,228 Views)

Re: For some reason I don't have an option to download sims on mac

@mackwv22

I've moved your post into this thread. Origin Access is not available for Mac, you must buy the game outright. Full instructions are in the first post on page 1.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 84 of 222 (2,191 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 on MacBook Air 2019 Base Model

★ Novice

why can't i download sims 4 on mine? also have macbook air 2019. it just says only available for windows. so i tried to download sims 4 legacy edition but the download isn't starting. can someone pls help me

Message 85 of 222 (2,187 Views)

@krnborj

Please read the first post in this thread I have moved your post to and follow the instructions on how to successfully buy The Sims 4.

Please also read this FAQ so you fully understand what the Legacy Edition is, who needs to run it, and why you don't need to - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

AHQSigImage.png
Message 86 of 222 (2,176 Views)

★ Novice

why can't i download on mine? got macbook air 2019 also. the download option aren't showing and it just says for windows only

Message 87 of 222 (2,180 Views)

Bought for PC/MAC but Mac is unavailable?

★★★ Newbie

Tonight I went on to the ea web to buy sims 4 for pc and its redirected me to Origin to buy it. So I bought the sims 4 basics and then I proceeded to buy the deal with the expansion packs and stuff packs etc. when I bought them through origin it said for Mac and pc so I bought them as I have a Mac.

I then downloaded origin onto my Mac and all the steps needed to download sims. I go into my games library and click sims. the play button isn't even there and then above where it says hours played it says "Available on Origin Access for Windows only. buy game for Mac" 

I click buy for Mac and it directs me to the same page and there's still nothing. 

so I have bought a game that's said it was for pc AND Mac and its only now saying (after I've bought it) that its for windows only ???

is there anything I can do... please help 

Elle 

Message 88 of 222 (2,169 Views)

Re: Bought for PC/MAC but Mac is unavailable?

@Elljayyx

Please read the opening post on page 1 of this thread I moved your post to. You need to buy the game outright and not a subscription to Origin Access which is not available for Mac.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 89 of 222 (2,127 Views)

Compatibility issue with MacBooks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all. I have origin set up on my Mac but when I try to play, I am shown with the inability to play. My origin keeps saying that I can only play on windows but aren't MacBook users able to download the game and play it using the digital versions only. I also tried to play the sims4 over 10 months ago and I was faced with this issue, saying its only being able to play on windows. Do I have to download windows on my Mac to play sims, I don't really wish to do this as I prefer my setting of Mac. Please tell me what I can do as I'm dying to play. (If I have to download windows, isn't it a little silly to show an apple icon for what systems the game is compatible with, then not make MacBooks compatiable)

Message 90 of 222 (2,154 Views)