Re: How to purchase Sims 4 for Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Installation problem with The sims 4

@TerezkaM04

You haven't bought the game, you've bought an Origin Access subscription. You need to cancel your subscription and BUY the Sims 4 base game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 222 (3,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So if I understand it well, do I have to cancel my membership and pay the game right in the origin, right? 

Thank you for your patience, I am new in this. 

Message 11 of 222 (3,938 Views)

@TerezkaM04

Yes. Cancel the membership and buy the game in Origin Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 12 of 222 (4,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much!! Standard smile 

Message 13 of 222 (3,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of how I can actually purchase the game for Mac?? I had the exact same issue and made the same mistake - thought I had brought the game outright but since reading this forum I realised I accidentally just purchased an Origin access subscription ... I've now cancelled this but still can't figure out how to purchase the game itself for Mac?? Whenever I click on "buy game for Mac" I just get stuck in this loop with no actual "buy" or "download" button ? Any help on how I can actually buy the game itself would be amazing as I'm totally stumped!! I'm running a 2018 Macbook Pro 15 and my specs are definitely compatible so I know that's not the issue .... I just want to buy the game but absolutely cannot figure out how to do this!! 

This is the screen it keeps taking me to when I click "buy for Mac" : https://imgur.com/a/3GcoBFK (sorry i'm new - was trying to figure out the best way to get my screenshot on here as it's too big to attach ...)

Message 14 of 222 (3,862 Views)

How to purchase Sims 4 for Mac

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of how I can actually purchase the game for Mac?? I initially thought that I had brought the game outright but since reading a related forum post I've since realised that I actually only purchased an origin access subscription, as opposed to purchasing the game itself ... I've now cancelled this but still can't figure out how to purchase the game itself for Mac?? Whenever I click on "buy game for Mac" I just get stuck in this loop with no actual "buy" or "download" button ? Any help on how I can actually buy the game itself would be amazing as I'm totally stumped!!

This is the screen it keeps taking me to when I click "buy for Mac" : https://imgur.com/a/3GcoBFK (sorry i'm new - was trying to figure out the best way to get my screenshot on here as it's too big to attach ...)

Mac specs are: 

2018 Macbook Pro 15"

2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

running Catalina 10.15.3 (up to date) 

Any help is much appreciated :-) 

Message 15 of 222 (3,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@geo6644 I'm having the same issue! Have you heard anything?
Message 16 of 222 (3,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not yet unfortunately!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one haha! 

Message 17 of 222 (3,895 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

exactly! someone please help 

Message 18 of 222 (3,839 Views)

@geo6644

Yes, Origin is really not helping new users buy the game as it is trying to get you to buy an Origin Access subscription which is not available for Mac users. We have to buy the game outright.

I believe EA need to address this as it's very misleading for Mac users.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 19 of 222 (3,823 Views)