Download error Origin is not able to download Sims 4 "DiP_STAGED"

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

download fails

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so i've been trying to update all of my Sims 4 content (sims 4 itself and then an expansion pack) yet it always says the download fails after about 3-5 seconds.

A notification pops up, it states...

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe to /Users/Olive/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

Message 80 of 272 (2,542 Views)

Re: download fails

@olivemon  I've merged your post into an existing thread for this issue, as it's easier to keep all the troubleshooting information in one place.

Could you please try Bluebellflora's suggestion for a Super Repair?  It's this one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/download-error-sims4/m-p/8843348#M27767

Whether it works or not, it would be helpful if you could let us know how it went.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 81 of 272 (2,528 Views)

Update Download Error for Sims 4 on Mac

★ Novice

I keep receiving an error message when trying to update my Sims 4 on my Mac. I've tired all the solutions posted for this problem. I continue to get this error message:

"Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/EP08/Version.ini_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location."

I tried the Origin Troubleshooting tool, i've tried re-downloading the Origin App, and I've followed these steps: 

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Nothing has worked. It will only download to 29%. I was just finally able to get my Origin to work on my computer again and would really like to finally play my Sims again. Any help is appreciated, I'm getting frustrated. 

Message 82 of 272 (2,411 Views)

Dot.: Update Download Error for Sims 4 on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hello @Ashed2016. Ary you sure that you have enough space for an update?

Please can you work your way through the suggestions in the Download & Connection Issues section of the Origin/Mac thread here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/MAC-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659#M3387

Message 83 of 272 (2,316 Views)

Re: Download Error

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I have followed the instructions in the link you provided and all the packs I had bought before had repaired. However, once it got to my actual Sims 4 game it popped up with the same notification after a few minutes of waiting. Do you know of anything else I can try? Thank you
Message 84 of 272 (2,565 Views)

@phroggybread

Ok. Which pack is the error message referencing? Could you post a screenshot of the error? We could try disabling that pack and see if it helps.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 85 of 272 (2,543 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I don't believe any packs are the problem since they have either updated or repaired so easy, just my actual game. Once they have finished and it gets to the game and none of the extra contents or game packages thats when this problem occurs. After a few minutes of the repair or update(when trying both the same problem happens) it says "resuming" and then pops up with this error; "Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources_DiP_STAGED.
Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location."
I hope what I am sayin g helps or makes sense Im not very tech savvy lol.
Message 86 of 272 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem, except mine says:

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpython370.dylib_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

I have uninstalled Origin, I did the whole go to application>right click on Sims 4>show package contents>contents>MacOS>and deleted the sims 4 file, however

once I open MacOS, my sims 4 file does not just say; The Sims 4, it says, "The Sims 4_DiP_STAGED and another one that says: The Sims 4_DiP_STAGED_stream. What do I do ?! I feel like I've done everything possible. Please help !!!

Message 87 of 272 (2,501 Views)

@phroggybread 

Thanks for the error message - very helpful! There are two things you could try:

1. If you are running Catalina, check in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access and make sure Origin is allowed in the little window.
  2. Setup a new administrator account on your Mac and see if you can play in that account.

@JenoviaSlays could you please also try the above?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 88 of 272 (2,481 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I tried both and Im afraid neither worked! thank you so much for your help and ideas but Im afraid there is nothing else to do Frown if you can come up with anything else feel free to message me but I dont want you to waste your time on this because I feel like a lost cause lol.
Message 89 of 272 (2,430 Views)