Original Post

Re: Download Error

★★ Novice

Thx.

I can play sims 4 properly now

Message 50 of 275 (2,573 Views)

The Sims 4 not downloading or updating.

★★ Novice

Hi! I have had an issue for several months now. It all started in July, with the new update, and my game crashed when I tried to update it. I wrote a question back then which includes a lot of the things I have done, you can read them here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Error-135dec40-90f690cf-00000075-495f32a0/td-p/802950... . Afterwards, I got help from EA support, and I was told that I would have to wait for a new update for the game before being able to play again. There has now been several updates, and so far, I have not seen anyone with the same issue as me - if they have had it, they have been able to fix it. 

Since the last post EA support and myself did many different things, the only two I remember is downloading the oldest origin (did not work) and also moving out my sims folder to hopefully save my game. But now, I get into origin completely fine, but I can't download the game because it will not update. Here is my error message, but in Norwegian: 

Skjermbilde 2019-12-14 kl. 15.13.36.png

The error message says: "Origin could not download the Sims 4 to ((folder)). Check that the placement is available, or cancel and restart the download to another place."

When checking if the placement is available, I cannot even find it (putting my old sims 4 folder back in did not change this issue). Can anyone please help me?

Message 51 of 275 (2,018 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 not downloading or updating.

@synnedavidsen  The Sims 4 program files are in a different place than the game folder you moved.  Open a Finder window, and click on Macintosh HD, or whatever you've renamed your hard drive.  (If you don't see it, click Finder in the upper left corner of your screen, select Preferences from the dropdown menu, then Sidebar, and under Devices, make sure Hard Disks is checked off.

In Macintosh HD, open Users, then your username, then Applications.  Right-click (or hold down the crtl key and click) on the Sims 4 icon and select Show Package Contents.  Inside __Installer is the installerdata.xml file.  Please right-click on this file and select Get Info.  Let me know what the permissions are for the file, listed at the bottom of the Get Info window.  If you want, you can take a screenshot; just black out your username.

Please let me know what the permissions are for the __Installer folder as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 52 of 275 (2,166 Views)

Sims 4 Mac Update continually fails at 25% download

★★★ Novice

Hi 

We have Sims 4, on Mac OS Catalina, new computer, with Sims (and all other data) restored from Time Machine backup.

In Origin all the various add-ons and expansions update fine. But the main Sims 4 app will only update to between 24% to 26%, then it errors with this message

DOWNLOAD ERROR
Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/EP07/Strings_ENG_US.package_DiP_STAGED.

On checking this file does not exist. 

We have followed the reset origins instruction (as per here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/) , and this forces the re-download and verification of all the add-ons, which completes successfully, but the main game fails as above. 

We have attempted to follow the instructions here (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Sims-4-Update-Error/td-p/8030365) but have no contents within the MacOS folder. 

We have tried the above a couple of times, and attempted to resume the download countless times, and to cancel and restart the download numerous times. 

This is becoming really frustrating - as one of the key reasons for updating the hardware was to allow the full version of Sims 4 to be played, not the legacy one. 

Message 53 of 275 (2,376 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mac Update continually fails at 25% download

★★★ Novice
@BarefootTornado Anyone able to help with this?
Message 54 of 275 (2,319 Views)

@BarefootTornado

Could you screenshot the Finder window contents after right clicking on the game in your Applications folder and selecting Show Package Contents and post the screenshot here?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 55 of 275 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi 

Screenshot attached

Message 56 of 275 (2,269 Views)

@BarefootTornado 

Thanks. That folder is looking fine, mine looks exactly the same. Did you try a repair? Do you not have a Sims 4 executable file in Contents > MacOS?

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 21.29.37.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 57 of 275 (2,249 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora No, the Contents/MacOS folder is empty
Message 58 of 275 (2,234 Views)

@BarefootTornado

Hmm. Did you try repairing the game in Origin? Can you look in your Time Machine backup for that Sims 4 executable and copy it into the Contents > MacOS folder if it is there?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 59 of 275 (2,228 Views)