@Rename23321 Wow. Good luck.
Message 40 of 275 (1,838 Views)

Re: Download Error

★ Novice

I don't have a second file in Mac OS folder

Message 41 of 275 (2,589 Views)

Re: Spent all day downloading and reinstalling, but only base game installed

@Rename23321

Have you actually opened the Contents folder within the Sims 4 app itself like @dzm06 suggested? Or have you not bothered and are only looking in Origin? Their instructions are really very clear, or do you need more simplified ones?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 42 of 275 (1,698 Views)

Re: Sims 4 update error

★★★ Newbie
@Pinkvodka181 how do you check your location?
Message 43 of 275 (6,136 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have any Sims 4 Folder in my Applications. 

Message 44 of 275 (2,441 Views)

★★ Guide
@acmccall3 Make sure you're looking in the correct Applications folder. There is the system-wide folder located at /Applications and there is the user-specific folder located at ~/Applications (this mean "in the user's home folder, look for a folder called Applications"). Origin gets installed in the system wide folder, the games get installed into the user's "local" Applications folder.
Message 45 of 275 (2,426 Views)

Download Error: Origin is not able to download The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe update

★★★ Newbie

I've had this issue for a bit now. I was trying to update the main Sims 4, but it kept on failing and showing this:

Origin is not able to download The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe to /Users/(another side's username)/The Sims 4.app/__Installer/installerdata.xml_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

I've tried using the Reset Origin tool, going into the Sims 4 application, to Contents, to MacOs and deleting the "The Sims 4" file, and moving the default installation location, but all of those didn't seem to do anything. Last time I had this problem, I was able to fix it, but now I can't.

Please help, thank you!

Message 46 of 275 (1,779 Views)

Sims 4 update failed

★ Novice

As much as i LOVE playing sims…. i am so utterly sick of all the issues that come with it. This is one issue that I never fail to get everytime a new update comes out. I don't remember what I did the last time but it was definitely a simple fix. I literally have no idea whatsoever, origin doesn't even let me change the download location (which seems like the issue here?), and I even tried to delete and reinstall origin.Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 12.29.49 AM.png

Message 47 of 275 (1,748 Views)

★★ Novice

how to do on windows?

Message 48 of 275 (2,309 Views)

@RaGabAmi  Please start your own thread in the Sims 4 PC tech section describing your problem.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

If this is a download issue, please post in the Origin tech section instead.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 49 of 275 (2,302 Views)