Download error Origin is not able to download Sims 4 "DiP_STAGED"

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Download Error

★★ Novice

What if there is only one file in the MacOS folder?

Message 30 of 272 (14,436 Views)

@jrps012

That's fine. I don't think the .par folder is there any longer.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 31 of 272 (14,390 Views)

★ Novice

This did not help me. it might be because after downloading the sims originally, I had to create a new user profile on my Mac and delete the old one. I guess some things did not move right. What fixed it was impulsively deleting everything that came up when I searched "sims" in finder. I only did this after reseting origin (which is somewhere in this thread). Then and only then was origin able to download the update.

Message 32 of 272 (2,908 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

okay so i had this issue too, i have two users on my laptop and the sims file was on my other user instead of my main

if anyone else is having the same issue, just go to the other user's folder > open applications > click & drag the sims 4 to ur desktop

Message 33 of 272 (2,831 Views)

OOAErrorMessages.strings_DiP_STAGED

★★★★★ Novice

Every time there's an update, I receive the error in subject; the only way I've found to get around it is to reinstall EVERYTHING which, as I've the slowest internet connection known to humankind (seriously, there are remote African villages with faster download speeds! Average of 100kb/s down in 2019…?!) is a major PITA. I've deleted the download cache, and emptied the trash, and I've attempted to download to a different folder (all this rigmarole for a tiny update!). I've NEVER changed the folder, just let the games install to the default.

The reason the account is named thus is because it was one I set up when I was having exactly the same problem with the account I have under my name. This is becoming seriously tedious. At least this time the update made it to 35% before balking. 

How do I fix this without having to download everything again…?Screenshot 2019-10-26 at 10.48.40.png

Message 34 of 272 (2,022 Views)

Re: OOAErrorMessages.strings_DiP_STAGED

★★ Guide
@Rename23321 What version of macOS are you on? Have you fully updated the Origin client ot the latest release? Have you performed a "repair" on The Sims 4 game within the Origin client? Does she HDD/SSD on this computer have enough free space to take a large update? Have you tried, just for fun, to completely open up all write permissions on that folder?

I have so many questions...
Message 35 of 272 (2,004 Views)

Spent all day downloading and reinstalling, but only base game installed

★★★★★ Novice

Everything else, every EP, GP and SP still has the download symbol next to it, not a plaScreenshot 2019-10-26 at 18.32.55.pngy symbol. It has taken me almost 10 hours to download everything.

Yes, I have repaired the game.

Yes, I have reset Origin.

No, I've not updated to Catalina yet. 

So how do I fix this, because I'm NOT downloading everything again - I have the slowest internet connection on the planet. This is the error I see in-game: 

The only 3 neighbourhoods available for play are those included with the base game, 

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING AGAIN!!! I JUST CAN'T BEAR IT!!!!

Message 36 of 272 (2,062 Views)

Re: Spent all day downloading and reinstalling, but only base game installed

★★★★★ Novice

One more thing, when I try to launch the game I see this: 

Screenshot 2019-10-26 at 18.54.40.png

But nothing is downloading. Mojave 10.14.6, latest version of Origin. One more thing I forgot to mention is that I had the 'save installers' on because I thought that would save me time if I ever had to uninstall everything again in the future, but they don't appear to have saved (the 'download cache' folder is empty). Could this be the cause of the problem…?

Message 37 of 272 (2,055 Views)

★★ Guide

What do you see in the Origin client for Packs you've purchased?

When you launch the game, when you get to the main menu, do you see the icons for all the packs you've downloaded/installed (meaning "does the main menu think you've actually installed them?")

What do you see if you examine the contents of The Sims 4.app package? To check do this:

1. Right-click or Ctrl+Click on The Sims 4.app icon in the folder located at /Users/YourName/Applications (this is a local Application folder for your user specifally, NOT the system-wide Application folder)
  2. Select "Show Package Contents"
  3. Open the Contents folder

In the folder you now have open do you see the Packs you've purchased/downloaded (they will have names like GP01, EP01, SP01, etc)?

Message 38 of 272 (2,053 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No. As I have just explained, in what I thought was plain English, only the base game has installed. See…? It's right there, in the subject. "Only the base game installed", I said - and now you're asking me questions as to whether anything else has installed…? What is your native language…? Perhaps I can translate…? 

Message 39 of 272 (2,045 Views)