The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 51 of 196 (938 Views)

Re: ❗️ [CURRENT ISSUE] Upgraded to macOS Ventura - can only Force Quit the game

★ Novice
@SimQARobo any news not this being fixed or do I need to give up on playing sims on my Mac.
Message 52 of 196 (927 Views)

@jadeleigh11 Force quitting shouldn’t corrupt the save if you save instead of save & exit. You could back up your saves too.

@nesc77 are you not able to play your game? Please start a new thread if you are unable to load your game with as much detail as possible as this thread is just for the Ventura/Force Quit issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 53 of 196 (932 Views)

Re: Is anyone having issues playing The Sims 4 on MacOS Ventura beta

@casper721a

Merged into the main thread. This is a known issue on Intel Macs running Ventura. You have to select Force Quit on the Apple menu to close the game. Make sure you save first.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 54 of 196 (924 Views)

Re: UI Menu Glitch & Game not Saving or Exiting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraHello, I am yes. I am aware now that Ventura has cause many issues. I really hope this gets fixed soon Frown

Message 55 of 196 (892 Views)

Re: UI Menu Glitch & Game not Saving or Exiting

@jadeleigh11

Merged into the Force Quit/Ventura thread.

I’m not aware of any other Ventura specific problems, what other issues are you experiencing?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 56 of 196 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@nonexistence8901 Sadly, if this issue is not fixed by January then I will be purchasing a cheap new computer. It feels like this isn't very high on EA's To-Do List (I have at least have not seen them give an update besides that they are aware of the issue). It's truly not fair but I ever since the issue has started it has become quite frustrating to play the sims.

Message 57 of 196 (877 Views)

Sims 4 will not Quit or Force Quit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora

Hello, I have a problem with closing the sims 4 properly. I can't even use force quit to sims, I just have to force quit the whole MacBook. I have a MacBook Pro Ventura 13.0.1. When I click on end the game it starting to load but it never finish.

It started doing this just now, I have sims for nearly a year and it always worked good.

Thank you for any help. 

Edit - split from necro'd thread, changed title to better reflect issue (Bluebellflora)

Message 58 of 196 (775 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will not Quit or Force Quit

@Keroll97 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Can you also please move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch a new clean game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 59 of 196 (750 Views)

★★★ Novice

@msdaisy22 wrote:

@nonexistence8901 Sadly, if this issue is not fixed by January then I will be purchasing a cheap new computer. It feels like this isn't very high on EA's To-Do List (I have at least have not seen them give an update besides that they are aware of the issue). It's truly not fair but I ever since the issue has started it has become quite frustrating to play the sims.

instead of buying a whole new computer, i would suggest to try first installing a windows partition and running the sims on windows instead. that's what i did, and it's actually running better on the windows partition of my macbook than it did on macOS anyways. the process was super super easy, and i was even able to run my save file by uploading the folder to onedrive from macos and downloading it on the windows side. good luck! being a mac simmer is getting so exhausting for me hahaha.

Message 60 of 196 (839 Views)