[FIXED] Upgraded to macOS Ventura - can only Force Quit the game

by msdaisy22

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 wont download or update due internet connection

@greenishstar

It's a known issue with Ventura on Intel Macs. You need to save then click on the Apple in the menu bar and select Force Quit.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 196 (1,599 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont download or update due internet connection

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Ok i will try that.
Thank you for all your supports Standard smile
Message 42 of 196 (1,591 Views)

Re: ❗️ [CURRENT ISSUE] Upgraded to macOS Ventura - can only Force Quit the game

★★★ Novice
@msdaisy22 Is anyone going to upgrade their computer or wait until it’s fixed bc it’s just not fair that we’d have to upgrade if no one is willing to fix it..
Message 43 of 196 (1,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. Today it was having some other occasional problems, so I updated my Mac to see if it would help, but unfortunately not. Very frustrating.

Message 44 of 196 (1,473 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, it also happens to me, I have MACOS ventura 13.0.1 And origin does not work for me. I can't buy the latest packs. I've been like this for several days, since I installed MacOS ventura. Do you know if it will be fixed? Thanks. A hug

Message 45 of 196 (1,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@hadadelasnieves Google how to clear cache or reset Origin on your mac. It's a dmg file you have to install and run and it should clear out Origin and let you download it again and log in. It is the only thing that worked for me. I am so happy to read everyone else has to force quit with Ventura too! 

Message 46 of 196 (1,391 Views)

@hadadelasnieves

Could you post any Origin issues you're having over in the Origin forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en so as not to derail this thread? This thread is solely for the Sims 4/Force Quit/Ventura issue. Thanks Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 47 of 196 (1,361 Views)

UI Menu Glitch & Game not Saving or Exiting

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Get Together, Moschino, Dream Home Decorator, Paranormal, Real of Magic, StrangerVille, Tiny Living, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, VampiresVintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Decorator's Dream Bundle Desert Luxe Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By loading up any save file.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the time.
What do you expect to see? UI menus are glitched and on top of each other. Game will not save or exit unless you force quit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 11/01/2022

When I load any save file, all UI menus are glitched and on top of each other. When I try to exit the game the app freezes and I have to force quit. Once I removed all mods the UI seemed to go back to normal, however the game will still not save or exit without force quitting. The game is unplayable.

Message 48 of 196 (1,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is anyone else still having this issue? It's been nearly 4 weeks now. I just want to come home from work and unwind playing The Sims. Frown I don't want to have to force quit just in case it corrupts the save. 

Message 49 of 196 (1,295 Views)

Re: Is anyone having issues playing The Sims 4 on MacOS Ventura beta

★★★ Novice

I Have Ventura and am having problems leaving Sims 4

Message 50 of 196 (1,283 Views)