Re: Sims 4 crashing my computer

by KickerGirl14

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashes on Startup (MAC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey, I play Sims 4 on my MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017), but recently it hasn't been working.

When I launch my game, everything on my desktop becomes weirdly enlarged, and then my screen splits in two, and half of it becomes black.

I've tried going to my options.ini file and changing the fullscreen to zero (when I do this and launch the game, sims shows up as a completely white window, and I can no longer do anything on my computer sand have to manually restart), and I have origin disabled in game. I also already tried moving my sims 4 folder to the desktop and letting my game create a new one.

I have no mods or CC.

Please help, I really want to be able to play again but don't know what to do!

Message 161 of 519 (1,555 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing my computer

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem that you described, and I've found multiple places that say how to fix it. None of these fixes have worked for me but maybe they might work for you.

Here are a few things that other people have said helped fix this problem...

1.   Make sure Origin is disabled in game: you can do this by opening Origin, going to Application settings, Origin in game, and turning it off.

2.   Try changing fullscreen from 1 to 0 in Options.ini: do this by going into Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Options.ini, and then scroll down to fullscreen, delete the one, and add a zero. (you can open Options.ini with Text Editor)

3.   If nothing else works, try removing the Sims 4 folder from your Electronic Arts folder and placing it on your desktop. Once you have done this try launching your game. The sims will automatically regenerate a new sims 4 folder. If this works you will have to create a new family and play for a few minutes before moving the saves from your old sims 4 folder into the new one.

Just a reminder, I am a player like you and can't guarantee that these fixes will work (they didn't for me, but they did for m=some other people.)

Message 162 of 519 (1,521 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes on Mac on Startup

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm struggling with this same problem but changing the fullscreen from one to zero hasn't worked for me.

Please help, I really want to play the sims again.

Message 163 of 519 (1,530 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes on Startup (MAC)

[ Edited ]

@KickerGirl14 

Which version of macOS are you running?

If you trash the Options.ini file completely what happens?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 164 of 519 (1,524 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing entire computer

@mortuophilia 

Can't you update the OS?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 165 of 519 (1,347 Views)

Sims 4 wont launch Mac

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased the 2 latest expansion packs, discover university and realm of magic. After installing them I can no longer open sims 4 at all. It loads halfway and then freezes (I've attached a photo). I've attempted just about every troubleshoot method I can find and nothing is working. I've done the following so far (that I can remember)

- repaired the sims 4 via origin

- deleted the user data lock file

- removed my cc and mods files

- completely deleted the 'sims 4' file

- updated my Mac

- disabled origin in game

- deleted the options.ini file

Message 166 of 519 (1,346 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont launch Mac

@PandaxxBearxx  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

If you have an AMD graphics card and are running OS X 10.12 Sierra (or an early build of High Sierra), then that's the problem—Sims 4 currently doesn't run at all with that combination.  Currently, the only fix is to update to High Sierra, although the game seems to run better on Mojave.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 167 of 519 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mac OS sierra 

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Grpahics: Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB

Intel HD graphics 530 1536 MB

I have absolutely no idea what means what. But this is all the specs in "about my mac"

Message 168 of 519 (1,351 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes on Startup (MAC)

★★★ Novice

I'm Running Mac 10.12.6, and deleting Options.ini hasn't done anything

Message 169 of 519 (1,472 Views)

@PandaxxBearxx  Right, so your running Sierra, and you have an AMD graphics card.  The only way to make Sims 4 work, at least until EA fixes it, is to update your OS to High Sierra or later.  Mojave is probably the best choice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 170 of 519 (1,307 Views)