Audio Cracking/Popping When Loading or Music is Playing (M1 MacBook Air)

by SadestPotato

Original Post

Re: Game won't open after December 7th Update - Mac

@imCash

No.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 43 (1,802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@imCash wrote:

Hello, I have the same specs as you but how do you get more memory? I have 8, is there a way to add more?

The new M1 chip uses unified memory meaning that the ram is a part of the CPU/GPU chip. Since it’s a part of the chip the only way to get more is to buy a model with more ram, no way to upgrade later unfortunately.

Message 12 of 43 (1,799 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SadestPotato ok thanks
Message 13 of 43 (1,793 Views)

Rif.: ❗️ Audio Cracking/Popping When Loading or Music is Playing (M1 MacBook Air

★★★★★ Novice
@SadestPotato I have the same issue on Mac Pro M1
Message 14 of 43 (1,762 Views)

Rif.: ❗️ Audio Cracking/Popping When Loading or Music is Playing (M1 MacBook Air

EA Sims Team

Hello all.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

The team will be looking into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 43 (1,618 Views)

Re: ❗️ Audio Cracking/Popping When Loading or Music is Playing (M1 MacBook Air)

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue on my MBP M1. Glad to see they’re looking into it!! Hopefully there will be a fix soon, cause it’s really annoying. 

Message 16 of 43 (1,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I have Mac Pro M1 too, It is so frustrating! My screen freezes and the music cracks. I can not play

Message 17 of 43 (1,540 Views)

★★ Novice

me too, same problem, M1 MacBook Air . 

Message 18 of 43 (1,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@AlyaMiray I saw another post that mentioned turning on Vertical sync in the game graphic options. Mine froze on me as well when I was playing, so I checked that off before I played last night and didn’t freeze once. 

Message 19 of 43 (1,476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You get around this a little bit by changing you audio in game options   I don’t think sims 4 works well with dual stereo speaker so trying to turn that stuff off 

Message 20 of 43 (1,463 Views)