Re: save files gone - Xbox one

by frostingsims

Original Post

save files gone - Xbox one

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? GP07: 1.assests.live-gp07.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Vampires, Realm of Magic, Spooky Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I opened up my game and it restarted. All of my save files are gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my save files are gone. The game started as if I’ve never played.
What do you expect to see? I just wanna know if I can get my saves back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play on Xbox One. I opened up my game and it completely restarted. All of my save files are gone. My gallery uploads are still there.

Message 1 of 11 (3,893 Views)

Hero
@HeavFord17 Moving this to the console tech forum for troublehsooting.

Hopefully someone here can assist you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,846 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HeavFord17 This issue happens sometimes when updating your XBox One. If you have saves synced to the cloud then you should be able to get them back. 

Message 3 of 11 (3,825 Views)

All I did was restarted the console as the audio sounded a bit funny. Now my file's gone. Syncing didn't help. Wait! Never mind! I found it. I signed out then back in. I also have to manually reset my options to my liking as well.

Message 4 of 11 (3,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

One of my save files is missing (the one I use most often as well). I have all my sims saved to my library anyway but it’s gonna be lots of hassle trying to redo all the relationships and stuff. I played this household yesterday and it was fine so I don’t know why it’s suddenly gone.

Message 5 of 11 (3,649 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@frostingsims Did signing out of your profile and back in restore your save?
Message 6 of 11 (3,636 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@frostingsimsDid signing out of your profile and back in restore your save?

Nope, it’s still not there

Message 7 of 11 (3,620 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@frostingsims If you are signed in to the correct profile, and signing in and out didn't help, can you download the save from the cloud?

I see reports off and on about saves being lost, and I think they get corrupted and the console can't read them. It's good that you have backed all your sims up in your library. I do the same, just in case.

It is a bummer about the relationships, especially in a big family. There's a lot of moving sims around to get the relationships fixed in a new game.
Message 8 of 11 (3,617 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@frostingsimsIf you are signed in to the correct profile, and signing in and out didn't help, can you download the save from the cloud?

I see reports off and on about saves being lost, and I think they get corrupted and the console can't read them. It's good that you have backed all your sims up in your library. I do the same, just in case.

It is a bummer about the relationships, especially in a big family. There's a lot of moving sims around to get the relationships fixed in a new game.

Where can I find the cloud?

Message 9 of 11 (3,613 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@frostingsims The FAQ for XBox Cloud saves is here. Xbox One cloud game saves FAQ

As far as I understand, anything different in the cloud than what is on your console should prompt you when you load the game to play a save. 

Message 10 of 11 (3,600 Views)