crash

by NayNayMacrame

Original Post

crash

★★★★ Novice

Just realized I posted this on the PC forum!  So here goes: I play on XBox One X. No mods, no CC. I bought and installed Discover University last week, enrolled one of my Sims and moved him into the dorms. He's been there four weeks now, and at the beginning of the fourth week the game crashed. I tried playing over and over again, but within seconds the game crashes me to XBox home. I can open and play the game just fine with my other households, but no luck with University. I went several Sim days before I tried to play that Sim again and immediately crashed. I spent a lot of money on this expansion and am now entirely unable to play it. No issues with my other households, but it'd be great to play the expansion seeing as I paid for it.

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

Re: Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

My game crashes when I try playing the household at University. I can play my other households, but none of them are at University. 

Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

Hero (Retired)

@NayNayMacrame  Try to move the crashing household into an empty lot and see if you can load them.

If the household loads fine try to load the crashing lot in build mode and see if it loads okay. Check for unfinished paintings or anything else that's not part of the building for issues. 

If the household still crashes when you load them on an empty lot, they are possibly corrupted. You will need to delete the household and download them again into your game from your library of you saved them. 

You can also try to save them to your library from an older save from before the crashing. Or simply revert to an older save before the crashing started with the household. 

If the lot crashes and the household is fine, you may need to simply bulldoze the lot and place the lot down again from the library. 

Message 3 of 3 (264 Views)