Xbox One Sims 4 Update Stuck

by LeonardMudbeard

Original Post

Xbox One Sims 4 Update Stuck

★★★ Newbie

Hi. Last week I tried updating the Sims 4 on Xbox One, and it got stuck at 0.2%. I eventually canceled the update, which uninstalled the whole game. I've downloaded everything again, and today a new update is available, which is now stuck at 3.5%. I've tried pausing and restarting the download, restarting the console, unplugging it, restarting the router, etc. I don't want to uninstall everything again and wait forever to download the game and all the packs. How do I get the Sims 4 to complete its updates?! It's frustrating having to start all over and wait hours and sometimes days to potentially have to restart the whole process.

Message 1 of 2 (2,828 Views)

Re: Xbox One Sims 4 Update Stuck

Hero (Retired)

@LeonardMudbeard  (Love that username by the way) Here's some things to try to help the download along. You've already restarted your router and unplugged the console, so I will skip the Power Down directions.

Lets check to make sure automatic updates are enabled

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  3. Select Keep my console up to date for console and Keep my games & apps up to date for games and apps.

Check that your System has enough space for the update

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings > System > Storage.
In the right column under Manage storage, a graphic for each drive displays the percentage of space used, the available free space, and what games, apps, or features are using storage space.

Have you ever entered an alternate mac address on your system for some reason? If so you can make sure it is cleared off

1. Press the Xbox button 
  2. Move right to the System Tab 
  3. Scroll down and select Settings  
  4. Scroll down to Network  
  5. Select Network Settings  
  6. Scroll down and select Advanced Settings  
  7. Scroll down and select Alternate MAC Address  
  8. Select the Clear button 
  9. Select the Restart button. 
Message 2 of 2 (2,764 Views)