Re: Xbox One/PS4 Sims 4 Keyboard and Mouse?

by VaccinalCoast

Original Post

Re: Xbox One Sims 4 Keyboard and Mouse?

★★★ Newbie

I agree, I used to play Sims 3 on my Xbox 360 so I figured that I'd have no issues with the Sims 4. I've heard all the complaints about the controls and yet I still bought it anyways thinking that I could switch controls or use a keyboard and or mouse. In all honestly I miss the simpler controls on the sims 3.

Message 21 of 55 (4,667 Views)

★★★ Novice
Another request to please, please, please patch in mouse and keyboard support. The controller controllers can be extremely finicky and at times impossible to get them to do what you need.
Message 22 of 55 (4,611 Views)

Re: Xbox One/PS4 Sims 4 Keyboard and Mouse?

★★★ Novice
yes pleaaaseee add mouse and keyboard support to consoles for the sims 4. I played 3 and 4 on my pc and the controls were so much smoother and fluid but with my ps4 controller everything takes longer. I don’t see why we shouldn’t get it, it would bring in so many more sales as well. please read and consider Standard smile
Message 23 of 55 (4,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just got the game for the PS4 and tried to start it but it's SO difficult to control. I haven't played sims on console since the PS2, but I found those games quite quick to master controls wise. I'll still try and play the game but it's such a turn off because it takes so much time to do anything with. I'd love to use a mouse at least. The menus are just too complex for a controller. So disappointing because the game looks so good!
Message 24 of 55 (4,492 Views)

★ Apprentice
They BETTER add it if they expect to get console players in the long run. I can't count the number of PC players who stream on Twitch who LAUGH (some even SCOFF) at the idea of playing Sims 4 on the console (That's the honest truth)
Message 25 of 55 (4,481 Views)

★ Apprentice
See my reply directly

Beyond that, I'll just add that using the JOYSTICKS on this game (Be it for building or otherwise) is AWKWARD !!!

THE ARROW KEYS would be better than the joysticks. WHY DO YOU THINK that NONE of the sports game developers assign THE MOST IMPORTANT commands to the joysticks??

Then leave them to THINK about the LOGIC behind that..... Standard smile
Message 26 of 55 (4,473 Views)

★ Apprentice
Simply put - Sims 4 (and a certain other game which EA doesn't publish) are what happens when THE SUITS (I think most people here know what I mean by that) are PUT IN CHARGE of GAME DEVELOPMENT as well as publication >Frown
Message 27 of 55 (4,472 Views)

★ Apprentice
It's the same when you try to follow your sim as they walk out the door on their way to work & you want to look in on them as they do their job ??

I DREAD to think what those who've built BUSINESSES for their sims must be going through who play on the console.....
Message 28 of 55 (4,471 Views)

★ Apprentice
At least YOU HAVE a mouse & keyboard support. We CONSOLE players DO NOT
Message 29 of 55 (4,469 Views)

★ Apprentice
They likely aren't..... Frown
Message 30 of 55 (4,462 Views)