[XBSS] Sims Delivery Will Not Stay Installed

by RenasaiH

Original Post

[XBSS] Sims Delivery Will Not Stay Installed

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? V 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have my game set to automatically download the delivery every 1 hour. Install the delivery and play the game. Save the game and close it. Restart the console and then open the game again.
What happens when the bug occurs? I installed the delivery. I played, saved and closed my game. After opening up my game again, on the main menu it will tell me, "New Sims Delivery!", that the content is installed and that I have to restart my game in order to use it. Normally I should only need to restart the game ONCE after it downloads and installs, which I've already done the first time. I've downloaded, installed and played with the new delivery content, created sims with the new content, saved multiple times over the days I've played with the game at rest, finally close the game and then it tells me that it's no longer installed after I go to open my game back up...
What do you expect to see? The Sims delivery content should remember that it's been installed, especially after saving the game with the used content.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've installed this delivery 5 times now...

Message 1 of 5 (917 Views)

Re: [XBSS] Sims Delivery Will Not Stay Installed

Community Manager

Hi there @RenasaiH,

Let's try the following steps to help with this SDX install:

First, please check that your Xbox has enough free space:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings > System > Storage.

In the right column under Manage storage, a graphic for each drive displays the percentage of space used, the available free space, and what games, apps, or features are using storage space.

Next, let's check that you have SDX updates turned on in-game, as well as automatic updates on your Xbox:

1. From The Sims main menu, head to Game Options-> Sims Delivery
  2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  3. Select System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
  4. Select Keep my console up to date for console and Keep my games & apps up to date for games and apps.

We'll also want to clear your Alternate MAC Address for your console using these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button 
  2. Move right to the System Tab 
  3. Scroll down and select Settings  
  4. Scroll down to Network  
  5. Select Network Settings  
  6. Scroll down and select Advanced Settings  
  7. Scroll down and select Alternate MAC Address  
  8. Select the Clear button 
  9. Select the Restart button. 

Please let me know how this works for you! 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 5 (824 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've tried that, but it didn't help. It keeps reminding me over and over in-game now.

Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same issue where it keeps telling me that I have new content to the point Its.unplqyable. it's been doing it since wearwolves I think. The only thing I can think of that's different is I have been using tethering from my phone since may as was in the process of moving, and now waiting for my internet ito be installed. 

Message 4 of 5 (603 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nope, I've even tried disabling online features and disconnecting from my wifi. It made it even worse. It constantly reminds me every minute during gameplay now.

Message 5 of 5 (580 Views)