Original Post

Accepted Solution

[XB1] One-Snap to Sim Camera Stuck On

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24.69.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter build mode, go back to live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The snap to sim camera function gets stuck to on, and I have to save and quit, then reload for it to turn off.
What do you expect to see? For the snap camera to turn off when I press the right stick in-but it doesn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It is a problem I've had since I first installed the game. It is almost game breaking to try and play with more than one person in the household.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,017 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1] One-Snap to Sim Camera Stuck On

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper well that's depressing lol, I've been thoroughly enjoying the glitch then! Hopefully they will release an option in the future to simply change Sims without snapping the camera. Thanks for all the info.

Would also like to note that using the cursor to select another sim doesn't work on the Xbox, if I select the sim it gives me interaction options. The only way for me to change Sims would be to use the triggers or the right on the d-pad.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,893 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@susie_q_8487 Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Snap to Sim?" Snap to sim controls are pressing the trigger and it moves the the camera to a sim directly. There's a follow camera that is by pressing the right stick quickly and the camera will follow your selected sim around. Controls are here.

Have you tried using another controller to see if the issue persists?

Message 2 of 6 (1,959 Views)

★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper thank you for your reply. I've been using the left and right trigger to move from sim to sim, and it doesn't move the camera. When I enter build mode and go back to live mode, the triggers move the camera to the selected sim. That's what I don't want to happen, I don't want the camera to snap to the selected sim.

Yes, I've tried a new controller, doesn't change anything.

Message 3 of 6 (1,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@susie_q_8487 The triggers are supposed to snap the camera to the sim, if it is not snapping to the sim when you press the trigger, that's not correct. There's possibly some camera lag or a delay in the sim swap, but the camera will move when you press the trigger to the sim that's next in the list.

Edit: You can freely move the camera around after a sim has been snapped to, but pressing the trigger will snap the camera. If you want to simply select another sim without the camera snap, just select the sim with the cursor, don't use the trigger.

Message 4 of 6 (1,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper well that's depressing lol, I've been thoroughly enjoying the glitch then! Hopefully they will release an option in the future to simply change Sims without snapping the camera. Thanks for all the info.

Would also like to note that using the cursor to select another sim doesn't work on the Xbox, if I select the sim it gives me interaction options. The only way for me to change Sims would be to use the triggers or the right on the d-pad.

Message 5 of 6 (1,894 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@susie_q_8487 You can use the cursor to select the sim's picture at the bottom of the UI instead of the trigger. This is what I meant, not selecting the sim directly in the play window.

Message 6 of 6 (1,839 Views)