Re: [XB1] My Sim won’t cook

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★ Novice
I want a big hole to open up and swallow me.
I am very sorry for wasting your time and blaming you for porting the bugs of the PC version to the Xbox version.

I hadn't put a spare counter top in the kitchen in for food prep. So amateur and simple.

I feel so embarrassed.
Thank you for taking the time to help me and I apologize profusely and sincerely for being so adamant that the fault was on your end when it was a very obvious oversight on mine.

Thanks and sorry times a hundred!
😲
Message 11 of 20 (9,147 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Zekastian9

OK, I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 20 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah the same stuff is happening to be right now. I moved around and even deleted, and rested the oven and nothing happened. Are you still having that problem or did you fix it? If you figured it out can you please tell me what you did. Thank you. ❤️
Message 13 of 20 (1,247 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Issue is With The December 2019 Update For Example I Click on the Stove or Fridge then select cook a gourmet meal then I select Cook Monte Cristo Sandwich Serving size Single, Family or Party My sim refuses to cook it, What is Odd they will cook a somethings but not others. I have Sim 4 Base Game W/Cat & Dogs , Get To work dlc Bundle Pack & Get Together dlc Bundle Pack, I forgot to mention I am on Xbox One S. It ran fine on the prior update another website said something about the University Ui Clashing with Indoor Cooking or Something like that. I have my saves backed up to the November 2019 update as well as the November 2019 patch.

Message 14 of 20 (1,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just a Quick note my sim does not perform any actions and the chef hat icon isn't appearing in the action Queue its, the selected action isn't registering or something I thought It may have been simulation lag but that is clearly not the case. I hope a team gets around to fixing the as the price for these expansion packs aren't worth the amount I'm paying honestly Does EA Have A Q&A Team testing the patches or is the public being used as unpaid lab rats?

Message 15 of 20 (1,059 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PlaguedByDaylite  Your issue is probably related to the harvestable bug. Any harvestables in your sim inventory will disappear and anything in your fridge over a 99 stack will disappear. Anything in the fridge or other storage will revert to normal if it's under a 99 stack. If your harvestables haven't disappeared or reverted (by traveling or swapping households) then they can't be used to serve meals or make bar drinks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Harvestables-disappearing-from-sims-inventory-and-chest/t...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Can-t-make-Plasma-Jane-after-Game-Start/m-p/8426...

Message 16 of 20 (1,051 Views)

★ Apprentice

the only thing with a stack size over 99+ is common upgrade parts that is about it aside from a few books my sims has written. I have also rolled back to the November 2019 update stored on an external HDD it works fine now although I have to be offline to play sims 4 as we all know Microsoft likes to make sure things are up to date. I hope these bugs get sorted out soon.

Message 17 of 20 (1,023 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper The bar works fine, just a few things I any of my sims won't cook I also noticed clipping on my sims shoes
Message 18 of 20 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ChimiQuinn94 wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Patio pack Regular sims 4 for Xbox one console
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? When selecting fridge or oven to cook my sim will pull out the food and I will get charged for it but then he either just sets it down on the floor or stops cooking before it’s finished and just stands there. Won’t allow me to resume cooking I get a thought bubble with the go here feet symbol and a red x and he waves. It’s like he’s saying he can’t go to the place I’m asking although he was just doing it.
What do you expect to see? My sim put the food on the stove and cook it all the way through then take the serving and go sit down to eat it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please let me know if there are any possible fixes for this issue on console.

Has there been a fix for this?? I'm really getting mad that my sim is starving.

Message 19 of 20 (896 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@a1ic3s0n This is a very old thread that has already been solved. If your issue isn't the same as the solved issue, please make a new thread.

Message 20 of 20 (891 Views)