[XB1] 'Cats & Dogs' on disk - Cant download 'My First Pets'

by MiamiHeat2008

Original Post

[XB1] 'Cats & Dogs' on disk - Cant download 'My First Pets'

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If it matters, the exact same issue is occurring on the XBox One version. I have the physical disc bundle version with Sims 4 and Cats & Dogs on it, and when trying to purchase from Microsoft store, wants me to pay $39.99 for the bundle! Shouldn't be this difficult...

(CM: Created new thread for Xbox posts from this thread and thread title updated to specify console.)

Message 1 of 18 (3,499 Views)

Re: Sims 4 My First Pet stuff Xbox One?

★★★★ Novice

The issue with the physical version is occurring for me on the XBox One version. I have the physical disc bundle version with Sims 4 and Cats & Dogs on it, and when trying to purchase from Microsoft store, it wants me to pay $39.99 for the bundle! It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Message 2 of 18 (3,155 Views)

Re: Have cats and dogs from a bundle pack cant download my first pets

★ Novice

I’m on Xbox One and I have the same problem.  I understand that these things take time and it isn’t an easy thing to do. 

Message 3 of 18 (3,367 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, here it is almost a month later, and STILL those of us with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs and Sims 4 bundle that came on disc are unable to properly purchase just the My First Pet Stuff pack. Really no excuse for not having this fixed by now. Of course, I opened a support case with EA and they referred me to Microsoft, as they run the Xbox Store, and they referred me back to EA.  Typical pass-the-buck with no help...

Message 4 of 18 (3,114 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MiamiHeat2008 @FattedBoot612 ,

This issue is related to The Sims 4 Plus Cats & Dogs disc version, which is not allowing the purchase of the pack for disc owners properly.

Maxis has been working with Microsoft to resolve this and allow disc owners to purchase My First Pet Stuff.

This process is ongoing but we will keep you informed as we get updates.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 5 of 18 (3,078 Views)

★★ Novice

Still no updates? I’m still having the same issue....

Message 6 of 18 (2,974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still nothing new?  Any updates on this problem?

Message 7 of 18 (2,931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Anything, anything?  Hello? What is status of this problem?

Message 8 of 18 (2,877 Views)

Can’t buy My first pet stuff

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons,Island living,Cats and Dogs. Laundry,bowling,kitchen and movie night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own the The cats and dogs Sims 4 bundle Disc
What happens when the bug occurs? The game won’t give me my first pet stuff for $9.99 even though I already own Cats and dog bundle.
What do you expect to see? The pack available for $9.99 since I already own Cats & dogs bundle disc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please fix this issue. I would love to buy my first pet stuff but not for the full price because I already own Cats & dog bundle. 

Message 9 of 18 (2,849 Views)

Re: Can’t buy My first pet stuff

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JamaicanGirl01 I've moved your post to the XBox disc thread. Please see EA_Mai's Post Here.

Message 10 of 18 (2,734 Views)