[FIXED] Can't purchase My First Pet

by NayNayMacrame

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 My First Pet stuff Xbox One?

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue. I own Cats and Dogs, can use everything from it. But My First Pet wasn't showing up in game. 

On the main menu it says "See Requirements", everything else just says "Owned".

However, I noticed that if I went to "Manage Game" through the Xbox menu, it isn't installed. But no matter how I try to set it to download, it didn't start the download.

I hard reset my console: fully power down, unplug for 10s, turn back on.

Now it is available and seems to be working and properly installed. 

Hope this works for you! 

Message 10 of 48 (3,954 Views)

Xbox One & Sims4 won’t let me buy My First Pet Stuff Pack

★★ Newbie

I previously purchased the cats and dogs digitally through the Microsoft store and now that the first pets stuff is out, it won't let me buy it. It only gives me the option to buy it in a combo pack with the cats and dogs and I already own that.

How can I purchase the pets stuff pack by itself??

Message 12 of 48 (3,626 Views)

Problems with My first pet pack

★★ Novice

I digitally own the Cats and Dogs pack for Xbox, it’s installed and the content is in the game for cats and dogs. I can’t get the my first pet stuff without repurchasing it with cats and dogs as a bundle. Here’s some screenshots to show you what’s I’m talking about.6C699826-0781-4923-86E1-24434FFBDF14.jpeg

Message 13 of 48 (3,382 Views)

Re: cats and dogs

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Lanna  it just says you need the sims four game  internet and WiFi to play the expansion pack. And at the top where it would usually say the price it says "This is unavailable for purchase"

Message 14 of 48 (3,531 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the digital version and have exact same problem. It’s been 2 months and still not fixed? Really??

Message 15 of 48 (3,477 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sleepyerin what exactly is the issue you are having?

Message 16 of 48 (3,361 Views)

Xbox1 why is my first pet stuff unavailable for purchase?

★★★★ Novice

I have never asked a question before so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I currently own all of The Sims 4 content on Xbox1 except for the My First Pets stuff pack. Even though I have the base game and the Cats & Dogs expansions, as stipulated in the pack requirements, it says that this pack is unavailable for purchase. In-fact, it no longer even shows me what the pack contains. A feature that I have ALWAYS been able to access. Now, the area where you can preview the CAS and Build/Buy mode items is just an empty white box so I cant even see what the pack includes anymore. I would really like to purchase the My First Pets stuff pack for my Xbox1 console but this issue has persisted for months now. Please help! 

Message 17 of 48 (3,548 Views)

Re: Xbox1 why is my first pet stuff unavailable for purchase?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LolaPierceI believe this is similar to the issue with not being able to purchase Cats and Dogs using the in game menu. Are you able to purchase My First Pet pack through the microsoft store instead of using the game menu?

Have you powered down your console completely, unplugged it for a minute, plug it back in and then restart the game to see if maybe you need to clear the cache?

Message 18 of 48 (3,505 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have Sims 4 with the Cats & Dogs Bundle on disc installed, and I have never been able to install just the My First Pets Stuff pack. According to EA back on their own site on March 31:

On Xbox One

To get the pack on your Xbox One, you first need to own or purchase Cats & Dogs. For $39.99, you can get a bundle including both packs. If you already own Cats & Dogs, you’ll still add the bundle to your cart, but you will only be charged $9.99 for the My First Pet Stuff Pack.

Supposedly I was to be able to get a discount on the Bundle to make it $9.99, but  this issue has never been resolved, even though the problem has been going on for going on over 3 months. I opened support requests with EA, they blamed it on Microsoft. I opened a ticket with Microsoft, they blamed it on EA. So clearly neither side is concerned or really cares to get it fixed, so I guess they don't need the money. Pathetic, really....

Message 19 of 48 (3,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MiamiHeat2008 Your issue is different than the Original Poster. I am uncertain how long it will take to fix the issue with XBox, it has been addressed for PS4.

I've merged all the digital users to a single thread that covers this issue.

Message 20 of 48 (3,465 Views)