by NayNayMacrame

Original Post

[FIXED] Can't purchase My First Pet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP07: 1.assets.live-gp07.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Island Living Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Tiny Living Moschino Laundry Day Toddler Fitness Bowling Night Vintage Glamour Backyard Kids Room Romantic Garden Movie Hangout Spooky Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get on XBox and try purchasing My First Pet bundle when you have the Cats and Dogs expansion already. You're supposed to only be charged for My First Pet, but you will be charged for the full bundle, even though you already have it and the website says you won't be charged for the bundle.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get charged the full price of the bundle.
What do you expect to see? I expect to only be charged for My First Pet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have the Cats and Dogs bundle and want to have My First Pet. The Sims website says I will only be charged for My First Pet if I already own Cats and Dogs. This has proven false and I was charged the full price. I contacted XBox immediately and they refunded me for the full bundle. I spoke to one of the people at XBox and was informed this is an ongoing issue regarding My First Pet. They told me to make a bug report regarding this.

(Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Xbox tag to title)

This issue was patched in Version 1.45 July 27 2021 Patch Notes 

Message 11 of 48 (8,430 Views)

Sims 4 My First Pet stuff Xbox One?

★★★ Newbie

I noticed the my first pet stuff pack when I loaded into the sims 4 on Xbox and it’s saying it requires the Cats and Dogs expansion pack which I have but cannot make a purchase? Is this pack still being developed or is it out on console now and just isn’t working?

Message 1 of 48 (8,779 Views)

Re: Sims 4 My First Pet stuff Xbox One?

★★ Novice
I found this - I tried it and was charged the full amount
On Xbox One
To get the pack on your Xbox One, you first need to own or purchase Cats & Dogs. For $39.99, you can get a bundle including both packs. If you already own Cats & Dogs, you’ll still add the bundle to your cart, but you will only be charged $9.99 for the My First Pet Stuff Pack.
Message 2 of 48 (8,736 Views)

★★ Novice
@kiane1234 I had to go to Microsoft to request a refund. No idea if/when they’ll fix the glitch.
Message 3 of 48 (8,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RainbowOceansMom Do you know why when I downloaded the first pet pack why when I go to cas or build mode and try to filter it to my first pet it says I don't own it but when I go to main menu it says that it's owned and installed. I know you don't work for ea so I don't expect a response but if you know the solution it would mean a lot I you told me
Message 4 of 48 (8,625 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t know, but I’d contact your platform provider Microsoft or Sony.  
EA/origin can only help if bought/playing through them on PC.
I emailed Microsoft through their website with any and all issues I have with their online form. 
In the meantime try doing a complete shutdown restart of your console and check if theirs any updates.  Bc it seems this pack and Xbox is a bit glitchy. 

Message 5 of 48 (8,600 Views)

cats and dogs

★★★★★ Newbie
So I play the sims 4 on the Xbox One, and recently I have been wanting to buy the Cats and Dogs pack. I went to look at it and it says "This pack is unavailable for purchase" I'm super confused as I was able to purchase it a few weeks ago when I first looked at it. I have never had this problem with any other packs and the other packs are available for purchase. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something I can do? please help I really want to make a Tiger King-themed household and need to have cats!

Message 6 of 48 (8,223 Views)

★ Guide
@RainbowOceansMom ooh is that the issue. I thought i needed to have all expansions.
Message 7 of 48 (8,571 Views)

★★ Novice
@dimitribaas89 No, my first pets you just need Sims4 and cats and dogs.
I’ve got all the packs/expansions and still had issues with it.
Message 8 of 48 (8,554 Views)

Re: cats and dogs

Community Manager
Hi @katiearnold121,

When you open Cats and Dogs in the store, can you see the requirements listed for unlocking the pack? Can you pop up a screenshot of what you're seeing please? It will help us get a visual. Standard smile

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 48 (8,178 Views)