Won't toggle between sims

by SOPHIE9797

Original Post

Won't toggle between sims

★★★ Novice
Hi I have recently bought sims 4 on Xbox one and when I toggle between my sims characters it never snaps to them for some reason it used to snap to them but now I have to go look for them can you tell me how to turn this back on please 😊
Message 1 of 11 (13,363 Views)

Re: Won't toggle between sims

★★★ Apprentice
I don’t think there is a way to turn it off and on unless I’m mistaken. However, I’ve experienced this as well and I thought it to be a glitch. The snap between the Sims seems to get confused or like the camera can’t find the sim I’m snapped on and I’ll have to keep clicking the snap button till the sim is found but the thing I do if it gets bad, I save my game (if you’re able to save), close the game and open it back up and it usually goes back to normal (for a while until it happens again)
Message 2 of 11 (13,347 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah think your right with a glitch. Really annoying though. I keep closing it and reopening spent more time doing that than playing it haha. 😊
Message 3 of 11 (13,338 Views)

★★★ Guide

There are a few ways to toggle between sims.. but to get the camera on them press down on the right thumb stick.  Using the left or right triggers should allow for a camera follow to the sim. You can also press the dpad to the right to select the next sims portrait but that doesn't move the camera.

Message 4 of 11 (13,331 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi I have tried this multiple times and all it does is switch sims never ever follows 😊
Message 5 of 11 (13,322 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I currently have this problem. What I do right now is I press r2 to change the sim and then press the right analog stick to go where they are. I can no longer press r2 to snap to a sim and have the camera go where they are. I don't know how to fix it to normal. I know people have replied saying it's a glitch and it 100% is because I've saved and it refuses to go away when reloading. I guess I'm stuck like this. Maybe it serves me right for trying to have an 8 person household and a huge house, lol.

Message 6 of 11 (12,941 Views)

★ Novice

Im curious if the issue is because of having a large household, I just got gave birth and got pregnant the same day with my 5th child putting our household at 8 people and 1 cat. Anyway as soon as i had the baby and gave birth my ability to snap to the next sim quit working and i have to manually go find them. Didnt know about the toggle til now. That helps a ton lol

Message 7 of 11 (11,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is me too. Everything you've described, I've tried. However this began occurring after the 07/20/2021 update/patch. 

Message 8 of 11 (6,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me right now as well. Something happened but the camera is no longer snapping to Sims. And restarting it doesn't solve it

Message 9 of 11 (6,180 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well, then the camera just won't move at all when it happens.

Message 10 of 11 (6,090 Views)