Why does the game keep freezing on PS4

by Hawkins2013

Original Post

Re: Why does the game keep freezing on PS4

★★★ Newbie
I have had the same problem and it's extremely frustrating. I just got my first PS4 and this was the first game I downloaded and I can't play it anymore. I'm already ready to throw this thing out the window right now. Frown
Message 11 of 28 (3,872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hi Guys, this keeps happening to me too and I have an XBOX one, it keeps glitching out or freezing and it is driving me nuts!! Enjoying my new game but not fun when it won't work unless you unplug the power from your console all the time and autosave doesnt work.
Message 12 of 28 (3,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My game keeps freezing at the same time every morning during the week. My kid is late everyday to school, male character late for work everyday, and because I can’t move to take care of my toddler, she starves, * herself and cries. Then I get told my kid will get taken away. I’ve stopped playing altogether! At this point, I just want my money back for the game and 3 expansion packs. It’s not even enjoyable. Just watching my game freeze as 3 Sim hours roll by and 15 minutes real time MULTIPLE times while I’m playing.
Message 13 of 28 (3,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
My Sims 4 crashes often as well. It freezes at a specific spot on the load before even getting to the game. I guess i see why we cant get cc on console (i have ps4) like on cpu...it would be a wreck. I purchased a brand new game just 2 weeks ago and the problems been getting worse since. This is the only game out of all the other games im having a problem with.
Message 14 of 28 (3,725 Views)

★ Novice
Im getting the exact same problem and it is really frustrating, about time you released a patch ea, really really bad
Message 15 of 28 (3,648 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having a problem with so many things. All of the above and now that we have bought the restaurants package, well the game is worse than ever. It comes down to ea either fixing these problems or giving our money back   Which is it going to be?  The play mod drives us crazy. The build mod seems ok. But we want to play our game. 

Message 16 of 28 (3,600 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm on Xbox One and my game tends to freeze or just have an overall low frame rate.

It's the only game that has these issues and my Sims aren't even living in a big house! It's a tiny 2 bed 2 bath lol!

It's random when it happens and I've tried to figure out what causes it but at this point I think it's an issue with the game because like I said, I have over 30 games currently installed and none of them have the frame issues or freezing that The Sims 4 does on my Xbox One.

Message 17 of 28 (3,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The keeps freezing when I play with both my controllers on my ps 4
Message 18 of 28 (3,579 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mai mine is crashing to the point it is unplayable now 😔 I couldn’t play for more than a few seconds last night and I tried clearing the cache tonight and it worked for the grand total of a minute before crashing 😏 this is the only game it’s happening on. I have noticed a few other weird things too not sure if they’re related... since my kid aged up to become a teen (and a vampire) she’ll randomly disappear through the floor with a splash like she’s jumping in a swimming pool and re-emerge wearing her workout clothes, and if she’s doing any action when the go to school action appears then the whole house will freeze sometimes it’ll sort itself out other times it won’t (this has been an issue since she was a child starting about a week ago) and for some reason none of them would drink their plasma bags and eat the plasma salad unless I stayed on their Sim until they finished, if I changed then all of a sudden I’d find them placed on the outside table even though the Sim hadn’t moved
Message 19 of 28 (3,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im just starting ...this is my first time playing ...just bought game ...but building my house ...it will play ok ,for ten min then freeze ...cant do anything else ...have to close out game ...have tried building house three times ...
Message 20 of 28 (3,475 Views)