Re: Why does the game keep freezing on PS4

by Hawkins2013

Original Post

Why does the game keep freezing on PS4

★★★ Novice
Why does the game keep freezing? I don't have an issue saving my game on the PS4 I just force myself to save every 10 to 15min so I won't lose progress. Do you know how stressful it is to play for an hour, then for no reason at all your games freezes and all that progress is lost.
Message 1 of 28 (34,343 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Hawkins2013,

Sorry to read your game is freezing, I can understand it's not a pleasant situation!

Could you let us know what are you doing when your game freezes? Does it happen always when you perform a certain action like travelling, while being creating a Sim, at a certain in-game time or when using a specific object? Or does it seem random?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 2 of 28 (34,123 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi Mai,

It's random. It's happened twice today. I'll play, and have every 10 to 15min. If I'm really at a point where I don't want to stop and save and 20 or 30min go by, when I finally decide to save it freezes in save more and I have to close the application. It's like saving it every 10 to 15min is what keeps it from freezing. My PS4 has 400GB and I have like 276GB left so it's not a storage issue. It had also happen a few times when I try to save right after going from build mode to live mode. My goal is to save all the changes I just made because I know the game is going to freeze and it still freezes causing me to lose everything I just did in build more. So my game freezes if I go to long without saving while playing and sometimes right after I come out of build mode.
Message 3 of 28 (34,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
the characters freeze, doesn't matter what you doing, when the game chooses to freeze it'll freeze your stuck trying to click through Sim characters & they are all stuck standing or just moving in one spot very fast but can't chose to do anything nor move or switch between characters once you can, switch, it freezers it & freezes again on the new character you choose I notice when you go build & buy mode & back onto live it starts freezing hard than.
Message 4 of 28 (34,112 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Frisky-Women @Hawkins2013,

Let's make sure there's no corrupted cached data in your console. Please, clear your PlayStation cache:

1. Turn off your PlayStation 4 by holding the PlayStation button on your controller and selection 'Turn off'.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of your PlayStation and wait 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the cable again and turn on your console.

This won't delete your saved game data, so your Sims will be there when you open the game again.

Any changes?

-Mai

Message 5 of 28 (34,061 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not getting freezing but my game does occasionally crash on my PS4.

Message 6 of 28 (34,046 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same issue. My ps4 keeps shutting down the game. Sometimes the game just freezes and I'm forced to shut it down so I lose game progress again. I've tried clearing cache and all that. There's nothing wrong with my ps4 and I never had these issues with other games. I'm really getting frustrated now. Can you please fix this bug?
Message 7 of 28 (33,540 Views)

★★ Novice
This solution does not work. The game still freezes and crashes consistently. It doesn't matter if you are traveling, staying at home, taking a dump, etc. It crashes if you do not save every 15-20 mins. This is very frustrating. If you have to limit your Sim to certain activities for fear of the game crashing, it just creates a frustrating gaming experience. It's almost like you are playing on an old PC. That's how unstable it feels.

Honestly, these generic solutions by EA are more insulting and frustrating than helpful. There is NOTHING wrong with my PS4. I don't need to clear a data cache, or whatever the heck you are suggesting. This is a problem with the game's programming, and the updates have not helped. Fix this issue soon. I am a long time Sims fan, but I will not be investing ANY money for expansions, etc if the game is not playable and/or stable.
Message 8 of 28 (33,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am not experiencing any of these problems, but I have encountered freezing and actual crashes on occasion that led to me restarting the game.

My biggest pain point at the moment is just the general responsiveness of the game particularly with sims performing actions, waiting or doing.

I would try everything that EA's support team suggests just in case it is an issue with your system caused indirectly or directly by the game during installation or an update. If it was a significant break that has been introduced in the game, then I would expect everyone would have the same problem but this does not seem to be the case.

Although frustrating, I personally have not encountered anything truly game breaking and I suspect over time the stability will increase and lead to a much more smoother player experience.

I am running it on the PS4 also.

Message 9 of 28 (33,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Amen brother!!

I have identical problem
Message 10 of 28 (33,119 Views)