Why cant I control my pets

by Ahlauradragon

Original Post

Will sims 4 ever get playable pets?

★★★ Newbie

In the sims  3  you can play as pets  Will sims 4  ever get that? 

Message 2 of 7 (924 Views)

Why cant I control my pets

★★★ Newbie

When I downloaded the game I soon realised that the pets in Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack could not be directly controlled by me. Instead I had to get my human sim to (for example) have them mate or have them play with each other. I tried a script mod but that did not work. I then contacted a advisor and they agree with me, we should be able to control the pets in this expansion pack! Angry All of us should report this and let EA know that we should get to control our pets. In case you are now convinced, imagine you like to tell stories with your sims. Now imagine you want to make a story with cats and dogs so you open the expansion pack only to realise that you cant properly tell a story with the pets becayse you cant directly control them!

Message 1 of 7 (925 Views)

Re: Will sims 4 ever get playable pets?

★★★★★ Guide

With the way Sims 4 has created Pets via Cats & Dogs, and summarily My First Pet Stuff, barring any mods, I doubt Pets will become fully playable.

Only way I could see it becoming that way as part of the official releases is if something surreal happened, such as a tool or some sort of device allowed us to take temporary control of a pet. That would be interesting, but barring a mod, I don't really see it happening.

- B

Message 3 of 7 (913 Views)

Champion

@eclipsekitsune1, the reason why EA didn't make pets controllable is because they wanted to make them more like real life pets.  Most players also wanted it this way.  Sadly, you and I are in the minority opinion on this.Frown  I wanted to be the pet! Party hat  So, like @burin077  stated, it is very unlikely they will change that in TS4. Confused  Still, pets are fun to play, even if we don't get to play exactly the way we want.  Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (911 Views)

Re: Why cant I control my pets

★★★ Newbie

When the Playstation 3 was still popular the pets pack cats and dogs you could play as your cats and dogs go on quests. It have jobs etc it was alot of fun I have no Idea why the creators of sims got rid of it.

Message 5 of 7 (401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know when I had Playstation 3 I didn't have games on computer then but the sims pets 3 was my favorite game. You could play as the pet! Go on job quests find things hunt ghosts or become a theif  as a pet. Interact make friends it was interesting to see the world as my own pet. Disappointed that sims done away with it. 

Message 6 of 7 (400 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now quite a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you have further feedback you'd like to provide on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'll be happy to take a look Standard smile

"Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example."

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (357 Views)