The sims in the bottom have changed to a smaller size

by Tine3453

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 screen to big

★★★ Newbie

I realize this thread is very old, but I wanted to add my comment to this issue. I worked in games for 15 years and wish we had put forth more effort in accessibility for our players. Cancer took me out of the running and now, as a gamer, I constantly find myself frustrated by inability to see text on the screen or use a controller one handed. I’ve purchased games like this one and find myself unable to enjoy it simply because the UI is so small. Only if I’m sitting 5 feet from the screen can I actually read the prompts. As the gamer population ages, more effort is going to be required on this front.

even if there were a way to mirror sections of the screen to an iPad, or zoom in on the screen would be helpful if a total UI redesign would be disruptive.

xbox one

Panasonic 55 inch plasma

Message 11 of 50 (9,816 Views)

Is there a way to enlarge the UI?

★★ Novice

Hey guys, just wondering is there a way to enlarge the UI on console? (I mean the sims' info stuff on the bottom of the screen like their mood, phone, skills etc). 

Just finding it a bit small. If not, I hope someone can pass on this feedback!! Standard smile 

Message 12 of 50 (1,773 Views)

Re: Uiscale for sims 4 console?

★★★ Novice

I wish it was an option, i find i struggle sometimes with text especially the notifications. I actually have to keep getting up and walking over to the tv to read them or just sit really close to the tv which then ends up giving me a headache. 

Message 13 of 50 (7,946 Views)

Re: Is there a way to enlarge the UI?

★ Novice

Hey there! I haven't been able to find anything that allows you to enlarge the sims' info stuff at the bottom of the screen. So I don't think there is a way to do that. Not that I know of anyway.

Message 14 of 50 (1,701 Views)

The sims in the bottom have changed to a smaller size

★★★ Newbie

Since yesterday, my sims "heads" (in the bottom of my screen) have been smaller than before. I don't know how to change them into the normal size? 
Before they were bigger than the telephone next to them, now they are smaller. Can anyone help??

Message 15 of 50 (1,677 Views)

Re: The sims in the bottom have changed to a smaller size

Hero (Retired)

It's because the baby was born and it shrank all the pictures. In a household of 8, the images are even smaller and I can't even see them from my couch. The UI is not great on large TVs. It would be nice to not have the pictures shrink at all in large households. 

Message 16 of 50 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has EA changed anything since this thread was made.  I'm having the same issue and I'm definitely interested in any way to make icons larger

Message 17 of 50 (6,083 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rschub1 It hasn't been changed. I use a 55 in TV and have my desk chair propped close or I use a rocker game chair in front of the couch otherwise it's almost impossible to read text on items or notification's. My living room is not that big either. 

More general feedback than a technical issue, but I would love larger text and for the Sim icons not to miniaturize if you have a large household. You can't see them at all when they do that. 

Message 18 of 50 (6,067 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Really wish EA could implement a UI sizing option. I play on my PS4 on my TV. I am maybe 6 ft away from the TV and still have to use the zoom option to see notifications. I agree with an earlier comment that gamers are aging, as is our eyesight. Be courteous to your gaming customers and provide some accessibility. 

Message 19 of 50 (1,667 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Text Size PS4

★★★ Newbie

The industry let you damage your eyes to make you spend more money with a new technology..capitalism.

I don't think they don't really care about players. A function to insert a simple font raiser is something really simple for EA.

Bad bad.

Message 20 of 50 (2,996 Views)