Re: The game failed to save

by CaitySkyex

Original Post

The game failed to save

★ Guide

I'm on a PS4 and I've never had this happen before. Frown

I just brought my actor Sim home from work and tried to save, but I got this message:

"The game failed to save. Error Code: 510:418f64b6:21f69ee2."

I installed Island Living a few days ago but this is the first time I've had this error come up. What do I do? Frown

~Tyger <3

Message 1 of 4 (1,157 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TygerNight  Does it eventually save if you keep trying to save? Does your console have enough free space to make a save? 

Try Powering Down the console and let it sit for a minute before powering it back on. 

• Select (Power) from the function screen, and then select [Turn Off PS4].
  • Select [Power] > [Turn Off PS4] on the quick menu.
  • Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).

When you turn off your system, the display darkens, the power indicator blinks white, and then turns off.

Relaunch the game to see if the error persists.

Message 2 of 4 (1,110 Views)

★ Guide

It was very odd. I'd built a couple who'd had 6 pairs of twins and I really didn't want to lose the save. I went to Manage Worlds and decided to give a few of the pre-generated families in Sulani some pets to breed with mine hopefully. There I was able to save without issue. After that I went back to my family and voila, saving was working just fine again. I was hoping someone knew what the code number meant was wrong.

I doubt it would have been a problem with my system storage, it can hold a full terabyte and I've only had it 6 months. Though I do wish there was a way to delete old Sim saves that I'm no longer playing, some of them I had to move away from because they lagged my console something fierce. The bigger my house the longer it takes to load. >.< 

Thanks for mentioning the PS4 reset though, I hadn't thought of that kind of reset (the 7 second hold) and I'll try that next time I'm at a roadblock. :D

~Tyger <3

Message 3 of 4 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are a lifesaver! I consistently save my game and one time I went to and this exact message showed up after I'd been able to successfully save for hours. I read your post and saved so much progress ( because I kept playing hoping the problem would fix itself haha) by selecting manage world's and saving that way! Legend 😁😁 so thank you !

Message 4 of 4 (1,039 Views)