Re: The Sims 4 won't save on Xbox/PlayStation after Nov 21st patch

by leishpesh

Original Post

The Sims 4 won't save on Xbox/PlayStation after Nov 21st patch

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

If your game is freezing when trying to save, and not saving, please, follow these steps:

1. Check you are in the latest version of the gamepress both triggers and bumpers (Xbox) or L1+L2+R1+R2 (PlayStation) at the same time to open the cheat bar and introduce version. If base version is different than 1.2.14, your game needs to be updated.
  2. Are you playing in a save game created before November 21st patch? In this case, your save game might be corrupted, and unfortunately you will need to create a new save game. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  3. If you are playing in a save game created after the patch, and when you try to save your game freezes, please, answer the following questions:
  • In which console are you playing?: 
  • Were you in live mode, build/buy mode, manage worlds or travelling when you tried to save and this started to happen?: 
  • How many Sims did you have in your household?: 
  • What lot were you playing on? In that lot, did you have the default house/building or did you buy/build on it?: 
  • Did you travel between worlds before trying to save?:
  • If your game is doing something different (not freezing) but it is still not saving, please, make sure to let us know in your post. You might have a different issue! 

Thank you in advance for your help,

-Mai

Message 1 of 8 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I hit update on my game and it didn't update it's still at 2.14 how do I update my game ?
Message 2 of 8 (1,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @leishpesh,

Does it say 1.2.14? That's the most recent version, there's not a newer update to install, that's why your game is not downloading a new update. Your Sims are up to date! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 3 of 8 (1,370 Views)

★ Apprentice

I started 2 games and each one stopped saving after 2 different things. The first time was after I traveled and I decided to delet e the game ,reinstall and start again deciding this time I just won’t travel,it was going ok until I chose to have my sim change her hairstyle in the mirror and that’s when my game stopped saving again. If I go into build/buy mode my game is fine but the minute my sim wants to travel or the has to take a moment to load something within the game that involves the green diamond showing up my game just stops saving.

Message 4 of 8 (1,355 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @ndejesus19

Just to make sure - What version number of the game are you running?  (You can check by entering the word "version" (without the quotation marks) into the cheat console.  To access the cheat console, hold down all 4 trigger buttons (left and right) simultaneously.)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 8 (1,336 Views)

★ Apprentice

It shows that I have the updated version 1.2.14

Message 6 of 8 (1,305 Views)

★ Apprentice

I decided to look to see on my Xbox when the game was last updated since my game says I have the latest version and my Xbox showed that my game was last updated on 11/21/17. I then decided to uninstall the game completely including add ons and reinstall it said I had a new update and now my game shows that the last update was on 11/30/17. I’m hoping this update is the one that fixes the issue.

Message 7 of 8 (1,295 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just installed update 1.03 on ps4

Message 8 of 8 (1,091 Views)