The Sims 4 Xbox- game won't save, says 'error 0'

by limey4269

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Xbox- game won't save, says 'error 0'

★★★★ Novice

So i was playing my game a few days ago and it started glitching really badly. Whole rooms were disappearing and the sim that i had recently aged up, kept ageing back down. It was really weird and bothering me so i saved and logged off for the day. when i came back to play today, i found that my entire save had been deleted. A bit annoying, but not a massive issue since i had several other saves for this game. So i loaded up my older save, somewhat annoyed that i'd lost a good few hour's progress. After quite some time spent trying to catch up, I saved my game. This was when a message popped up reading something along the lines of 'failed to save- error code 0.' 
I've tried to save several times over, save with a different household and even save from an autosave of this game. nothing has worked. I am genuinely upset and frustrated at EA, since hours upon hours has been put in to this game and i really dont want to start over. i've already had issues saving on the Xbox once before and i had to start completely over. Really ticked off to see that just after getting over the loss of my old household, i have to say goodbye to this one too. Really not on, EA. This game has been on console for a fairly long time and people are PAYING FOR THIS. The amount of glitches ive seen for the console version is uncanny.

Message 1 of 19 (12,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Xbox- game won't save, says 'error 0'

Champion (Retired)

@limey4269 thank you for posting you solution but remember if the issue happens again just do this quick tips 

Restart your console
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.

2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Restart console.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.

Note If you're unable to access the guide or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.

Physically power cycle the console
  1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
The Xbox button on the front of the console is highlighted.
  1. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.
    Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable
  1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (12,327 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

okay so i fixed the problem (thank god). basically, i had to force shut down the console and unplug every wire attached. i waited for about a minute or so and then set everything back up. came back in to the game and it would save. i hope this helps anyone out there because my heart was broken when i thought my game was gone for good. 

Message 2 of 19 (12,353 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@limey4269 thank you for posting you solution but remember if the issue happens again just do this quick tips 

Restart your console
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.

2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Restart console.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.

Note If you're unable to access the guide or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.

Physically power cycle the console
  1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
The Xbox button on the front of the console is highlighted.
  1. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.
    Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable
  1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xboxbutton  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 3 of 19 (12,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey all. So a frustrating development with this issue- it's the next day and i started playing my game as usual and, OH JOY, found out i couldn't save--- again! so clearly restarting my xbox is an extremely short term solution and i'll have to be dealing with this frustrating glitch over and over. 

Message 4 of 19 (12,314 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my game straight up wont save now and i cant fix it

Message 5 of 19 (12,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sims 4 will literally not save at all anymore.  I’ve tried deleting my caches twice and it worked for a while but then the error message came back I’ve been dealing with this issue for a few weeks (tried every possible solution I could find on these forums). It happens everyone I hard save the game and sometimes even deletes other saved games Frown

‘This game failed to save. Error code 0.’

xbox one 

Message 6 of 19 (11,991 Views)

★★★ Novice

All of this has happened except I'm on xbox one. It has deleted other games and wont save ANYTHING!!! PLEASE HELP RESTARTING DIDNT WORK!

Message 7 of 19 (11,841 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly at this point I’m just gonna give up on this game 😔 Sims needs todo better

Message 8 of 19 (11,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on my fourth attempt to start a new game and have it save but I have no faith. My game was fine for almost a year and then out of nowhere, deleted after I tried to save. Game over for me too. I even tried deleting other saved data to make room thinking that was the problem so I lost other game data. Aggravating. 

Message 9 of 19 (11,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been having the same issue, I’ve redone families 4 times this week & remade my whole cities and then it crashes and I lose everything. Now the newest revelation is that my game isn’t saving at all when I hit ‘save’ or ‘save as’ or through auto save... & I’m so detail oriented that I put so much time into picking out everything so if I have to do this again I really don’t think I’m playing again & I want a refund for the freaking $300 I’ve spent on add ons that only glitch the game more. I’ve tried to contact sims directly but no one ever gets back to you. 

Message 10 of 19 (11,431 Views)