Re: The Sims 4 DlC on PS4 not showing...

by Sims2fanatic

Original Post

The Sims 4 DlC on PS4 not showing...

★★★ Newbie
Hello,

I had purchased the Vampires DLC for the PS4. Both this and The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition game were purchased as digital downloads. The PS4 states that the Vampire DLC was downloaded successfully, but when I get into the Sims game it states that I need to download the Vampire pack in order to use the content. I deleted the original download of the Vampire pack and installed through the game, but still nothing. The game recognizes that I have purchased the pack, but I can’t seem to “merge” the pack into the game. Please help!
Message 1 of 32 (22,354 Views)

Community Manager

@DealerOfThings Hi, do you still have the issue? Can I check if your copy of the game is from a different region as your DLC purchase?

Can you try restarting the console from the power menu, then try redownloading the Vampires content before launching the game again?

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 32 (22,178 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue with multiple DLCs. I’ve tried all the things you mentioned. 

Message 3 of 32 (21,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me right now! Both Parenthood and Vampires were on sale for $10 so I downloaded both of them from the Ps4 store and Parenthood is working but Vampires isn't. I downloaded and installed them both the same way.

I think there's a problem with the PS4 vampires pack. Has anyone been able to play it?

Message 4 of 32 (20,626 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having a similar problem on PS4, I purchased the city living bundle that includes vampires and vintage glamour stuff (although I already had vintage glamour but it worked out cheaper than buying vampires and city living separate anyway), city living installed no problem and of course vintage glamour was already installed but when in game vampire stuff doesn’t show up, it has the icon to say that I own it and when clicked on says I already own the pack. I can’t download it from the store as it says I already own it but none of the content is coming up in game as when I try to go to forgotten hollow it tells me I have not installed the pack. Sorry for the long explanation but I would really like to play the vampires pack and have already restarted he console multiple times. 

Message 5 of 32 (20,474 Views)

Betreff: The Sims 4 DlC on PS4 not showing...

★★★ Novice

Hello, i have the same issue with the cats & dogs bundle on PS4. The extension is listed as bought in the game but the content is not available, allthough it is listet as installed in the PS store. 

Could you solve this issue somehow? Thanks 

Message 6 of 32 (20,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im experiencing the same problem as well. Recently purchased the dlc's for sims 4 and it is showing as installed. However, when I  start the sims 4 application it isn't there.

Message 7 of 32 (19,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought the new Strangerville DLC on PS4 & I'm having this issue. Downloaded it multiple times & my notifications screen says the game has installed. Checked my library & that too is saying installed but once I'm in TS4 it says that the game pack is owned but i need to download it in order to use it. Not the first time I've had this issue. I think i had this issue with the Dine Out pack. I've even tried restart as well as a full power down & a full power down/unplug to reset the cache but no dice. 

Message 8 of 32 (19,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem!

I purchased three game packs a few days ago and my PS4 is saying that they have been downloaded and installed but once I get into the game then the icons for the ones I bought are lit up but say I need to download to access content.

I’ve searched a bunch of troubleshooting guides and have tried:

-Saving data to the online platform and deleting the game and all downloads from the system then re-downloading it all 

-Turning off PS4 and unplugging

-Force re-download through the PS4 store 

-And the last thing I tried was restoring the license. Which made me re-download all the DLCs (even ones I previously bought and were working) and now none of them are working. All of them say they are downloaded/installed but content is not available in game until I download

I recently moved to a new state and the game (physical copy/ disk) and other DLCs were bought in the same area and then the DLCs I bought a few days ago were bought after I got to the new state. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but I don’t know what else to try at this point...

thank you!

Message 9 of 32 (19,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@amieeb17
If you are still having this problem, try deactivating your PS4 device as your primary device and then reactivating it from Account Management. I tried all the things you did and this is what finally worked for me!
Message 10 of 32 (19,875 Views)