Stuck Lot Traits (PS4)

by JoanieAqua85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck Lot Traits (PS4)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I did not see this issue at all so I think it's specific to me. I have a family that lives in 1 Torendi Penthouse and there are still kids and teens living there. I cannot figure out how to remove second and third lot traits. I can only replace the third one which means I have to decide between them going to good schools or it being a teen hang space. I cannot even remove the party vibe trait.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Or is it that the first two traits are locked and you can only change the third? Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 9 (1,998 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck Lot Traits (PS4)

★ Apprentice

I FIGURED IT OUT! 

You have to simply select the trait to remove it. When you select the trait, it clears itself out. Thanks! 

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,860 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@JoanieAqua85, is this lot in San Myshuno? Thinking  I don't recognize the name of that penthouse.  None of my San Myshuno penthouses have that name.  Raised eyebrowWondering  

Also, do you play with any Custom Content (CC) or Mods?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,987 Views)

★ Apprentice
It's a lot in San Myshuno, the only lot in the world that you can bulldoze and build from scratch. I believe I am playing CC. It's in the Fashion District. It's actual name is Torendi Tower Penthouse.
Message 3 of 9 (1,979 Views)

Champion

@JoanieAqua85, oh my gosh!!! Raised eyebrow I thought that building was just decoration and never realized that our Sims could even enter it, let alone live there! OopsEmbarrassedLarge smile Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! :eahigh_file:

So, I checked the lot traits for Torendi Tower and I was able to change them.  I could add a 3rd one and was able to change the other 2! Raised eyebrow  But I don't play with CC or Mods, so since you think you have some CC , you need to test it to rule it out.  

Normally you would temporarily remove your Mods folder to your Desktop, but lately it is usually suggested to delete you localthumbcache. package file and repair you game through Origin, just to be on the safe side.  Here is a link to some information that can help you with this as well as other CC/Mods related info:

https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting

Scroll down to the Troubleshooting section and the Broken Content section (since you must have already installed the CC! Wink )

If for some reason this still doesn't' work for you, please tell us!  (And pleas tell us if this did work for you! Large smile )

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 4 of 9 (1,960 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am playing this game on PS4. I am not sure if your solution can apply here. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,937 Views)

Champion

@JoanieAqua85, so sorry! OopsEmbarrassed   If its not specifically stated, we are left to assume a person is playing on a PC, since that is what most people use. Wink  No, I guess my suggestion wouldn't be of much use to you.  Frown  I will see if I can find someone who plays on a console (preferably PS4) and who also has City Living to see if the Torendi Towers lot traits can be changed. Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 9 (1,935 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks....

Message 7 of 9 (1,899 Views)

Hero

Hi @JoanieAqua85 

I moved your post over to the console forum. I don't know if this is a bug on console or not but maybe someone here has an answer.

If you don't get one in say 2 days, please create a thread in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,889 Views)

★ Apprentice

I FIGURED IT OUT! 

You have to simply select the trait to remove it. When you select the trait, it clears itself out. Thanks! 

Message 9 of 9 (1,861 Views)