Re: Still Crashing A LOT

by DJBashNicole

Original Post

Still Crashing A LOT

★ Guide

I have done everything I have found possible, short of throwing my son's PS4 off a cliff with the Sims 4 disk still in it. I even tried a whole new save. The crashes frustrated me so much I stopped playing for a few weeks; Aug 11th I played and then not again until yesterday. I was hopeful the new update would help. Nope. Not at all. I have crashed almost 10 times already today and I started playing around noon (it's approx 3 now). Which means I've barely played. The amount of time to report the problem and reboot takes almost 10 minutes. I'm ready to cry again. I'm chronically I'll and not allowed to do most things (not to mention high risk COVID so I can't go anywhere). Sims is a fav of mine and gave me something other than tv all day. Is there ANY hope for a fix? This is ridiculous. 

Message 1 of 5 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, I’m on Xbox & my game crashes randomly, when I travel, when I save, & when I leave build mode. I’ve done a hard reset, I’ve even deleted my local saved data as well, but the issue is still the same..I own all pack except for 9 stuff packs I honestly don’t have a need for but it seems the more packs I buy effects my game for the worst..Since Eco Living my game has been unplayable & unbearable..I hope we have a update soon to fix these issues on consoles..There’s no mods to fix these issues for us, Ea should at least make sure this game is playable with the prices they ask us to pay for this unplayable content..It’s just not right!

Message 2 of 5 (490 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Nozladi I'm having the same issue! Mine happened after I moved my sims into a downloaded household from the gallery. Everything was perfect until that happened. I'm having the same issue since I'm stuck inside for COVID, super upset and I haven't heard anything from the moderators. I created a ticket but haven't heard much Frown
Message 3 of 5 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@gmcrane  I had a few structures from the gallery placed to make Newcrest feel more like a neighborhood. I bulldozed several of them. I'm still crashing. Less. But it's still happening. I do a save a key moments: raised a skill level, before traveling, before leaving build mode, after a promotion...  I'm not losing hours of time now. There was a day about a week ago, I crashed SIXTEEN times. It takes approximately 10 minutes to reboot the game. More than 2 hours of my play time was not playing at all. 🙁 I thank goodness I haven't had it that bad again. And, I'm finally not crashing while merely playing or while doing a progress save. So, I guess I can call that progress?

Message 4 of 5 (405 Views)

★ Guide

@DJBashNicole  Eco is the only one I don't have. I still have issues. The updates don't seem to resolve the crash code that affects us. I don't understand why. 

I even took all stuff out of inventory and personal inventories and saved the house I built. I saved my household. Did a new save. Still unstable. 

Message 5 of 5 (401 Views)