Re: Sims4 ps4 lagging

by 17srablhw66o

Original Post

Sims4 ps4 lagging

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased the country living pack & had issues with it installing I  had the game but the world wasn't showing yet I had All hair and cosmetics for the pack, anyway that issue got fixed but since my game is now really and I mean Really slow and laggy. I've saved and restarted the console. Powered it down at rhe plug and back on. I've deleted old games to free up space. The game just goes really slow and freezes momentarily then moves really slow after it does finally catch up. Its really annoying and stopping me playing the game to be honest. It's to the point where its not playable because its just so slow. I'd appreciate any help wiv this thanks , I'm on ps4 and all game and system is upto date also. X

Message 1 of 14 (31,902 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@VisualSiren89x There's an issue with going into or out of build mode or the CAS that is causing massive FPS drops in the game. The FPS never recovers and it's very bad right now.

The bug report is here: 

A help thread for dealing with  AI and simulation lag is here Autonomy and Simulation Lag

In game you can try opening the sim info panel and closing it, or in build mode or the CAS opening the cheat bar and closing it. Sometimes it helps to fix the frame rates.

Message 2 of 14 (31,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That didn't help it to be fair , also my sim is frozen in the llama barn and won't move or do anything. She's got commands upto the top of the screen which I've Never seen befor ? Usually you can only have like 6 or however many commands at one time I've never seen them stretch upto the screen before? Very weird 

Message 3 of 14 (31,863 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@VisualSiren89x That does sound like something else. What command is being stacked?

Can you travel away from the lot with the sim?
Message 4 of 14 (31,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The reason it’s lagging on you is because auto save kicks in you have to go into your storage and go into the game and delete auto and then go back in and the lagging will quit unfortunately auto will kick back in again ever two hour of play time. 

Message 5 of 14 (31,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no auto save... If you don't save it yourself you lose data the game warns you of this. Lagging isn't because of auto save 

Message 6 of 14 (29,447 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@gefeellyvfk3 Auto save only happens when you leave your game with or without saving the game. it won't auto-save while playing the game and if close the game without quitting it. You will lose your progress.
Message 7 of 14 (29,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@gefeellyvfk3 Nah there's no auto save the game is just broken my game lags for no reason
Message 8 of 14 (28,995 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue to and it's ridiculous how bad the game lags. It should not be lagging at all om console imo. I used to play the sims 3 on ps3 and never had issues with performance I would of thought the ps4 sims would of been better. Attention ea you really need to fix this. The game is not enjoyable because of this and all the money I put into the sims game and all the packs I deserve better. It's 2023 come on now. 

Message 9 of 14 (15,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been going on for a while and they still don’t bother to try and fix it. They really don’t care

Message 10 of 14 (14,180 Views)