Sims on PS4 extreme lag and fails to cancel actions

by shangxiangsun

Original Post

Sims on PS4 extreme lag and fails to cancel actions

★ Novice

When my Sims are queued for an action they often stand in place for an in game hour or more before doing the action.  If they start an action and I cancel the action, no matter how quickly I cancel the action they continue until finished. They will ignore me and * themselves or fall over asleep on the floor.  It's very frustrating and makes the game much less enjoyable. I am playing on a base PS4. 

Message 1 of 4 (414 Views)

Re: Sims on PS4 extreme lag and fails to cancel actions

Hero (Retired)

@shangxiangsun There's a thread here relating to lag on console FAQ - Sims 4 Console Autonomy and Simulation Lag

As you are on PS4 you can share your laggy saves if the above troubleshooting doesn't help.

There's also this thread covering some current issues that you can look through. [Read First][Current Issue] Game Issues or Crashes Patch 1.27 (June 10th Update) to see if anything there matches what you are seeing.

Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In these instances I’ve figured a trick that was worked for me but may not work for all. Typically after I’ve realized the lag has occurred I quickly save and exit the game, then reload back into the game session with no issues.

It’s a bit of an inconvenience; however, the issue tends to fix itself. Would also recommend saving your game when these situations come about in preparation of a blue screen. 

Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ever since patch 1.27 went live my game started to lag every second and all my save files bloated, they size now is 134.3 mb. I even created a new game and the new save files are also bloated and they size is also 134.3 mb

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)