Sims getting confused

by Sassi666

Original Post

Sims getting confused

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I recently bought the Sims 4 and expansions on Xbox One. I've been playing a few days now and one of my households is getting very confused with the Clean Up option.

Having searched online, I have replaced the microwave, dishwasher, oven and fridge, all the waste bins and all to no avail.

It's not that they won't clean up, the problem is that they seem to think there's a bin in a place that there isn't. I click on clean up, and they go upstairs and put the plates on a table. If I click again they put them in the dishwasher downstairs. These are dirty plates that need scraping off into the bin and placing them on the table seems to do that in my poor confused Sims' minds. I deleted the table and they started putting the plates on the floor upstairs. I added more bins in that room, but they ignore them and keep using the floor. The bins are all empty, so that's not the problem. I have two dishwashers they can access, and this happens when neither are in use. The same thing happens if I try clicking on the dishwasher and choosing load dishwasher.

Any ideas on anything else I can try? I don't want to delete the household so if this can't be fixed, I guess I'll just have to drag everything into the bin manually, but I'd rather that it worked as intended.

Many thanks

Traci

Message 1 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: Sims getting confused

Community Manager

Hey @Sassi666

I'd try going into build mode and move around objects/appliances within the household to see if you might have a hidden trash can somewhere that they can get to. That can cause some confusion on what they should do with trash. 

Good luck and Happy Simming!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: Sims getting confused

★ Apprentice

Thank you.

It turns out there was a glass hidden under the piano. I have no idea how it got there, it was well hidden. But I removed it in build mode and everything seems good again.

Thanks

Traci

Message 3 of 3 (222 Views)