by GoldenGoddess60

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Disappear/ Unable to get to work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get to work and Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everytime I come back from changing clothes in the character creation... sometimes it's happens randomly when traveling and sometimes it happen just starting the game and entering the household. I can't use the Get to work dlc, because it won't allow me to send my sim to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occur, I can't play with my Sims. Her picture at the bottom grey out and she is no where to be found In the household when it says she at home. I can't click on any object, the options do not populate... When I choose doctor, scientist and detective career... I'm unable to send her to work... Everytime it's time for her to go to work.. The timer starts over and I have to try the next day.. There have been time where I was able to go to the clinic for the doctor career but no patients showed up.. Samething for the scientist career... The co workers are no where to be found and some activity require a coworker. I did find a way to fix the disappeared sim by having her visit another lot.. She pops right back up but and her picture is no longer greyed out... It ends up happening again after playing for 30 minutes though.
What do you expect to see? I expect to use the dlc pack how you intended for your buyers to use... But I feel like I waste money on a dlc , I can't use it... I want to be able to go to work and complete the assignments. and I would really like to play with my Sims without worrying that she will disappear when she is done traveling and getting home or from changing her wardrobe in the character creation. PLEASE FIX... I had this dlc for over a month and I have not been able to use it properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get to work dlc

I tried creating more Sims but the issue still remains with them as well

Message 1 of 4 (576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Disappear/ Unable to get to work

★★★★ Guide
Is that a rotational save because that sounds like a rotational issue has any other sims in that save or family in an active career or own a business.

If sim is a patient at the hospital you will have to click on that sim from manage world and click play leave hospital. Also if you saved your game with a active career in progress from family A, and you switch to family B, the sim will be denied access to the lot because a active career is already in progress and the timer will reset. Keep in mind the police station and the Clinic share the same lot.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (529 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @GoldenGoddess60 

seems you're experiencing a bit of a mixture of things

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (561 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Is that a rotational save because that sounds like a rotational issue has any other sims in that save or family in an active career or own a business.

If sim is a patient at the hospital you will have to click on that sim from manage world and click play leave hospital. Also if you saved your game with a active career in progress from family A, and you switch to family B, the sim will be denied access to the lot because a active career is already in progress and the timer will reset. Keep in mind the police station and the Clinic share the same lot.
Message 3 of 4 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much.. It actually worked Standard smile 

Message 4 of 4 (522 Views)