Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

by mylander2011

Original Post

Re:PS4 wont/can't save

★★★★ Novice
Hi, played on PS4 and same thing is happening as what everyone else is saying about Xbox one. Won't save.....i got first autosave at beginning of game, then I push save, get green box where i should be able to name that game, then freezes until I push down on toggle stick.....then it's back to square one....nothing happens.
Message 31 of 393 (3,908 Views)

Re: Re:PS4 wont/can't save

★ Apprentice
Please let us know when the team identify a fix or something as I preordered for 3 days early access as did we all but it's pointless playing it
Message 32 of 393 (3,882 Views)

EA app Team

Hi,

I will let you know if I have any information to share with you in this thread.

If you are having this issue, my recommendation for now is to create a new save and don't wait until you want to close the game to save, but save often instead while you are playing. For example, you could save just before travelling, or every day when your Sims wake up. If the problem appears in that new save, as you have been saving often, you can close the game without losing all the progress.

And if you want to be even more careful, you can save your progress in two different save slots - saving in one of them each time you are going to save. This way if one of them doesn't allow you to save, you will still be able to use the second one.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 33 of 393 (3,874 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★★★ Apprentice
1. I was in live mode
2. On my last actual save, I had one sim but on the save I was trying to do, I had moved in a sim
3. I was in the Willow Forest (the lot that the Goths live on) or whatever it’s called and I had bought a default house that was furnished
4. Yes I did travel before trying to save.
Message 34 of 393 (3,850 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

★★★★ Novice

My game will not save nor can I travel.  I pre ordered so I can play early just to have my progress lost.  Also the crtain functions are not working.  Is EA working on this issue because I see lots of players are having the same issue.  I am playing on a PS4

Message 35 of 393 (3,842 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Ok now my game won’t save at all!!! I exited out of my game even though I didn’t want to cuz I made so much progress... but I tried loading my auto save and trying to save which failed and I tried loading my last manual save and tried to save and it failed. I even prevented from traveling on both attempts all I did was walk a few feet then attempt to save and on both the last auto save and manual save, neither saved... early access sucks. Should’ve just waited till actual launch...
Message 36 of 393 (3,839 Views)

Re: Xbox one can't save

★★★ Novice
Same problem as everyone else, issues saving and it seems to happen after traveling. So I tried traveling to a different location and immediately traveled back without any interactions with other sims or objects in the other lot and the game saved fine, although when I traveled back to the same lot and interacted with something (a sim and a bookcase) then traveled back to my home lot, it would not let me save. Hope this information helps.
Message 37 of 393 (3,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue on PS4.

I am on the 3rd sim day, I hung out at my sims lot, until I was invited to GeekCon. I travelled to GeekCon, had some food, bought a t-shirt, spoke to a couple of people and played the gaming rig, before buying some fireworks and heading home.

When my sim arrived home, I tried to save the game but I am having the same problem as everyone else, I tried travelling somewhere else and saving no luck, I travelled back home and tried to save again no luck, I tried to save in build/buy mode no luck, I tried exiting the game and saving before it quit, no luck, I tried going to manage world and saving no luck.

This is a major issue and it really needs to be fixed!

Message 38 of 393 (3,812 Views)

★★ Novice

this is a problem even the customer support service basically tried to tell me i bought a bad game and then began to tell me that i pre ordering a game is worthless and that i should just go get a refund is this how you treat your company treats it's customers . I understand that this is not you personally as i see you are active about helping but the lady who i got in contact with her name was shelila (sorry if i misspelled ) started arguing with me almost implying i bought some early bootleg version or something going on about the game has yet to even come out And when i asked for a manager after she got done ranting and arguing with herself put me on hold for 20 minutes someone answered claiming to me the manger (i don't remember her name but it started with a g i had her spell it out for me.) Quite honestly this person sounded exactly the same with a attitude didn't even bother to answer the phone professionally at all and began to rush me off the phone with no effort at all but to tell me to go get a refund on a game i bought for my girlfriend i don't understand how people can be so rude when asked questions about a game when they are in customer support

Message 39 of 393 (3,795 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has to be or will become a wide spread issue. This issue is affecting me on both xboxs in my house: the worlds most powerful console (xbox X) and some one else in my house who plays on xbox one. I've lost around 15 hours work of time spent and the other person close to 10 hours. PLEASE get this fixed soon!!! My current game WILL NOT save even after i back out and reload the save. This is a real nightmare. I'm already giving up on this game, but sims 4 releasing on console is a dream come true for my mom and daughter. They won't give up so easily. They were lit when they found out this was coming to consoles and literally counted the days till release. 

Message 40 of 393 (3,793 Views)