Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

by mylander2011

Original Post

Re: Can't Save Sims 4 on Xbox One!

★★★★ Novice
The same thing is happening to me. I try to save it but it doesn't save yet it gives no error msg it goes back to the menu screen but can't select anything. Frustrating cause I just got a promotion now I can't save it..
Message 11 of 393 (9,205 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't save on xbox one

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @lord-Ewing @kretzyGG69,

I'm sorry to read you had this problem to save your game. Unfortunately, we cannot reset the trial time, but I would like to suggest a workaround in case this happens again:

If your game freezes when you try to save, make your Sims travel somewhere - this will make your game auto save. Next time you open the game, select to load the autosave, and you should find your Sims in the same point they were just before travelling.

Please, give this a try and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 12 of 393 (9,232 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @yoyo950812,

You mention you can't select anything, can you close the menu screen? If so, please, give this workaround a try and let us know if it works for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-not-saving-on-Xbox-and-PlayStation/m-p/64...

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 13 of 393 (9,199 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I did try that last night also, it still would not even auto-save.
Message 14 of 393 (9,187 Views)

★ Novice
I was told by a ea rep on the phone to go to the The library it should autosave
Message 15 of 393 (9,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks for the information, sorry to read the workaround didn't work for you, @lord-Ewing.

For everyone: Would you mind answering some questions so we can investigate this better?:

1. Were you in live mode, build/buy mode, manage worlds or travelling when you tried to save and this started to happen?
  2. How many Sims did you have in your household?
  3. What lot were you playing on? In that lot, did you have the default house/building or did you buy/build on it?
  4. Did you travel between worlds before trying to save?

Edited: thanks to everyone who answered!

Thanks for your help!

-Mai

Message 16 of 393 (9,856 Views)

★ Apprentice
To answer your questions Mai it's hard to pinpoint when it happens but this is exactly what I did step by step.

Made a sim set him up in willow creek on the bargain bend lot I bought and sold items to get rid of all money so I could start with nothing and no cheats used. I then travelled to the park in willow creek and began looting all e collectable items, rocks and frogs. I did some fishing went to the toilet there. Slept there on the benches. Played on the chess set and spoke to some people. Eventually I returned to my home and built a few items. A bed and toilet then I tried to save the game and it did what it does to everyone else. I tried to save the game in live mode. Build mode I changed to another location to auto save but it did not. I then also tried to save while quitting but it froze and would not let me save and also would not let me return to the menu unless I saved without quitting it would just freeze until using left stick click to bring up controls. I hope this helps.
Message 17 of 393 (9,126 Views)

★ Apprentice
Forgot to add I had a single sim in both saves that stopped working I had a male ands female so it's not gender specific
Message 18 of 393 (9,122 Views)

EA app Team

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, @kretzyGG69! I'll forward it to the team.

-Mai

Message 19 of 393 (9,105 Views)

★★★ Novice
It seems as if it’s happening after traveling and for me when I try to save it won’t let me and it will seem frozen but if i press The left stick to pull up the controls it’ll let me get out of the frozen screen, but either way you can’t save.
Message 20 of 393 (9,099 Views)