Re: Sims 4 won't save on Xbox and PlayStation

by leishpesh

Original Post

EA app Team

@mitch93-01 sorry to read that. If you update the game to version 1.02, an update released a few hours ago, you should be able to save normally.

@leishpesh what platform are you playing on? Could you let us know what you did after updating, before it stopped saving?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 331 of 393 (1,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm using Xbox one . I updated my game system then I restarted my Xbox. After everything came back on I was able to load my game from a previous save , but I purposely updated my cooking skill and then saved the game just to do a test run. However when I exited out to reload my game it didn't save . I tried saving it 4 times Frown
Message 332 of 393 (1,101 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @leishpesh,

Would you mind double checking the game version? You would need to press both triggers and bumpers at the same time to open the cheat bar and introduce version.

What version is the game telling you you have installed when doing this?

-Mai

Message 333 of 393 (1,077 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Try these things

1: go to settings- network- network settings-advanced settings- alternate MAC address then clear it and restart your console (this helped me save again before today's game update)

2: before and after you launch sims 4 go to -sims 4 -manage game- saved data - delete the slot that says reserved space (this has helped my saves load and possibly save easier)

And when you launch sims 4 a game update should appear asking you to download

Wouldn't hurt to try holding down the xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until the light on the power brick turns yellow and then white again, wait about 1 minute and then turn on again
Message 334 of 393 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Base: 1.2.14.2300
Message 335 of 393 (1,049 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, that is the latest version for Xbox One.

The save game you loaded, was that from the old version of the game that had the save issue before? If so, I don't believe that would work, the fix should work on new saves though.

Message 336 of 393 (1,039 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you but that did not work
Message 337 of 393 (1,036 Views)

★★ Guide

You can't save on new games either?

Can you use the Xbox DVR to record what you did and share it?

Message 338 of 393 (1,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nope it won't save
Message 339 of 393 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

When you try to save does it lose focus on the SAVE option in the menu when you get control back needing you to press the Left Stick to play again or does it highlight green again and you can keep playing?

Do you see the circle of Plumbobs spinning after selecting the save slot?

Without screenshots or video (Press Xbox button then X or Y then upload to OneDrive or to YouTube) to go on it is hard to tell what you are seeing happening Frown

Message 340 of 393 (1,014 Views)