(PS4) Game Won't Save!

by MrBobPeck

Original Post

Re: Xbox one can't save

★★★★ Novice
According to EA the matter has been resolved as someone mentioned earlier in the last couple of pages on this thread when the person raised this save issue with EA and it was replied as resolved, so don't keep your hopes too high for them to resolve this coz if they were interested or were working to solve the problem they would have said so long time ago in the form of an official statement or some kind of reassurance and also for some reason significant number of people don't have this save problem at all and playing game coz If you join sims community on PS4 you guys would see a lot of people playing game without any save issues therefore it makes this issue as a kind of an individual limited issue rather than a wide spread technical flaw in the eyes of EA.

I have got my refund and will never buy another EA title ever again. Don't really think that they are even bothered to look at the number of complaints here on this thread by soooooooooo many disgruntled and upset customers.
Message 281 of 393 (1,076 Views)

(PS4) Game Won't Save!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By saving the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game goes through the actions of saving, but when I either go to save the game again, or load a game, it only shows a previous save game and doesn't overwrite. Likewise, if I select save new game, the new save doesn't appear.
What do you expect to see? The updated save file(s)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I try to save the game, it won't either overwrite the previous file, or create a new file. This among other bugs keep happening since getting the game on PS4 on Friday.

Message 282 of 393 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just adding my game wouldn't save last night. Was able to save two previous times but last night it was doing as everyone has been saying. I click save, choose my save, click yes to overwrite and the start menu comes back up with a green circle sometimes showing and nothing happens at all until the joystick is clicked and I have control again. Tried all the other methods like the manage world one but that didn't work.
Not all mad though, yes I wanted to save but I moved in the Landgrabb son and I didn't realise he was an evil little s**t so I lose that what a shame... But still wanted to save cause of promotions and stuff.
Message 283 of 393 (961 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SamHollier did you do the manage worlds thing exactly how he said? I did it wrong the first time but the second time I tried I did it right. I’ve been using it since Thursday and it’s working fine for me it just makes the auto save kick in 😊
Message 284 of 393 (970 Views)

Re: The sims 4 Xbox one not saving

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same - very annoying ...

Message 285 of 393 (1,007 Views)

Re: (PS4) Game Won't Save!

Hero

@MrBobPeck

merged with mega thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 286 of 393 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Novice
To those of you that are having the saving issue go back in this thread and do EXACTLY what the workaround screenshots say to do. I have done the workaround on xbox one and it has worked for me. I can even travel to different lots and have been able to save my game without any problems. Been able to save now since the very 1st few pages were created on this thread now about 20 pages ago so i would say i have been able to save my game for days now without any problem. And to those of you putting EA down for this 1 problem. Just relax i am sure it is not easy having thousands of millions of people telling you off and cussing you out over 1 small glitch or bug in a game. Especially when its thousands of millions messaging you about more than just 1 game and more than just 1 bug or glitch. Xbox and ps4 have a lineup type of thing. Meaning that the save problem may have been resolved but the update has not been released by microsoft or sony yet. The update/patch is probably sitting in the lineup to be tested and verified by xbox and ps4 before it gets released. Even then there have been alot of new games come out just in time for black friday and christmas therefore there is probably a LONG lineup of games waiting for bugs and glitches to be patched and updated. So sit tight and be patient because EA was not even going to be releasing a console port of the sims 4. I know that because i was one of the millions that personally emailed them asking if it was ever going to be on console and i got a reply saying they have no plans to make a console port and do not want it to be a console port. So those of you thinking EA does not listen to customers they were nice enough to make a console port of the sims 4 for those of us millions of players that kept asking for a console port. Sure its not perfect and as expected with a brand new release it has bugs and glitches aplenty but like every other game it will be fixed soon. So please for EA be patient and use the workarounds to fix your game. Its not a permenent fix but it will keep you going until the patch gets released. This game is not perfect but i am sure it took EA alot of work to program and code all the AI and stuff to work with our consoles so relax and be patient and EA will have time to read these over and figure out whats up.
Message 287 of 393 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant save mine on PS4 also.there's no game saves when i try to load it.it also jam on the options menu after u save it.but when i restart the disc,it actually didnt save the game at all.

Message 288 of 393 (1,000 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Your blinded by corporate greed mate. Stop defending a billion dollar company who repeatedly makes unnacepable corporate decisions. They did not port Sims to make us happy, they did it because they realised how much money they could make by re releasing the same game and all the expansions that cost the same amount as a whole new game each. EA needs to stop riding off the defence of people like you and use their inconcievabley huge budget to release games that aren't broken, especially a week later and a bug so game breaking you lose hours and hours of game play.
Message 289 of 393 (961 Views)

Sims 4 PS4 saving bug

★★★ Novice
Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Sony Playstation 4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Daily

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, city living, vintage

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to save the game and it’ll freeze up

What happens when the bug occurs? I click save, but it doesn’t happen and then I get stuck in the options menu. I can’t press circle or options and my only option is to close down the application and I lose any progress.

What do you expect to see? I expect my game to save and then let me continue playing.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I am on PS4.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No
Message 290 of 393 (894 Views)